CBI rescues minor forced into sex trade from south DelhiFebruary 28th, 2012 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 28 (IANS) A 14-year-old girl from Darjeeling who was brought to Delhi and forced into prostitution was rescued by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) earlier this month, an official said Tuesday.
The girl was missing from Darjeeling since November 2011 and was brought to the capital on the pretext of getting her a job. Instead, she was forced into prostitution.
“The Anti-Human Trafficking Unit of the CBI received information this month about the missing girl. After intensive search operations, we rescued the girl from Munirka (south Delhi) Feb 22,” said a CBI official.
A criminal case has been registered to bring the culprits to book. However, no arrests have been made yet. The CBI said that further investigation were on.
According to the investigative agency, since January 2012, one unit in the CBI’s Special Crime Zone has been dedicated as the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit which is responsible for collecting, collating and analyzing data on kidnapping and abduction cases from across the country.
“Any person giving information leading to arrest and criminal action against any such gang would be rewarded with up to Rs.2 lakh,” said the official.
“People having inputs about such gangs can call on our helpline - 011-24368638,” added the official.
- CBI rescues minor forced into sex trade from south Delhi - Feb 28, 2012
- CBI sets up anti-human trafficking unit - Jan 04, 2012
- 13-year-old Delhi girl rescued from human traffickers - Sep 05, 2012
- India ratifies UN Convention against Organised Crime - May 13, 2011
- Rise in trafficking of Chinese women - Jan 24, 2011
- US hails Andhra police officer as anti-trafficking hero - Jun 15, 2010
- Orissa sets up unit to deal with human trafficking - Mar 26, 2011
- Chidambaram asks police forces to get enrolled in 'Anti-Human Trafficking Certificate Course' - Dec 10, 2010
- More foreign women being trafficked to China - Dec 05, 2011
- New units to tackle human trafficking - May 12, 2011
- Falak continues to battle for life, three arrested in case (Roundup) - Feb 02, 2012
- International crime groups spreading 'trafficking of Chinese women' abroad - Jan 24, 2011
- How an Andhra cop became a global anti-trafficking hero - Jun 18, 2010
- Over 15,000 Chinese women, 8,000 kids rescued in 2011 - Mar 10, 2012
- Courageous Class 12 girl helps bust sex racket - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: abduction cases, analyzing data, cbi, central bureau of investigation, collating, crime zone, criminal case, culprits, darjeeling, gangs, helpline, human trafficking, intensive search, investigative agency, missing girl, pretext, rs 2, search operations, sex trade, south delhi