CBI recommends cases against Chautala, others in recruitment scamSeptember 5th, 2012 - 12:06 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Sep 4 (IANS) The CBI has recommended registration of cases of cheating, forgery and conspiracy against the then Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala and several top officers, including two former chief secretaries, in a recruitment scandal, official sources said Tuesday.
Asked to probe the matter following directions from the Supreme Court, the anti-corruption bureau of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) here has submitted to the apex court its findings in the matter recently, official sources said here. The CBI has recommended that the nominations of candidates be cancelled.
The CBI has recommended that cases of cheating, forgery, using forged document as genuine and conspiracy under the Indian Penal Code and other sections under the Prevention of Corruption Act be registered against Chautala, then transport minister Ashok Arora, then chief secretaries Sunil Ahuja and A.N. Mathur, then principal secretary to chief minister B.D. Dhalia and others.
The matter pertains to the Chautala government recommending the nomination of ineligible officials to be made as class-I Haryana Civil Service (HCS) officers. The recommendations were made by the state government to the Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC).
The candidates, according to the CBI, were clearly favoured for nomination to the HCS, overlooking the claim of eligible, better qualified and senior candidates.
Among the names recommended for nomination then was that of Anurag Dhalia, the son of Dhalia.
The CBI also recommended to the Supreme Court to give directions to the Haryana government to cancel the nominations and lay down clear guidelines for selection of such candidates in future.
- Teachers' jobs scam: Court paves way for Chautala's trial - Jul 28, 2011
- CBI says 63 persons are under scanner in 2G spectrum scam probe - Mar 01, 2011
- 2G scam: Framing of charges against 17 accused Saturday - Oct 21, 2011
- The 14 accused in the 2G case - May 15, 2012
- CBI court grants Punjab speaker interim bail - Aug 17, 2010
- 2G scam: Raja remanded to CBI custody for four more days - Feb 10, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI to file first charge sheet against Raja, others - Mar 27, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI to file status report in Supreme Court - Mar 29, 2011
- CBI files chargesheet against Ramadoss - Apr 27, 2012
- 2G case: Court reserves ruling on Behura's bail plea - Jul 21, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI files first chargesheet against Raja, others - Apr 02, 2011
- 2G scam: Order on charges against the 17 accused Oct 22 - Oct 14, 2011
- Punjab speaker's anticipatory bail plea rejected - Aug 14, 2010
- Arrest Kanimozhi, cancel Kalaignar TV's license: Jayalalithaa - Apr 25, 2011
- 'Nod needed for hearing Essar, Loop plea' (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: ahuja, anurag, apex, apex court, ashok, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, chief secretaries, civil service, corruption bureau, dhalia, forgery, haryana government, haryana public service commission, indian penal code, prevention of corruption act, principal secretary, public service commission, transport minister