CBI raids Rajasthan railway stationsJune 22nd, 2011 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the vigilance wing of North Western Railway conducted joint raids Wednesday at railway stations in Rajasthan over alleged lapses in Tatkal (emergency) ticket booking, an official said.
“The raids were conducted at various railway stations, including Jaipur and Jodhpur, from morning till noon. A few people were detained for questioning but no arrest has been made so far,” said CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra.
The investigative agency received complaints that the people were unable to book Tatkal tickets due to an alleged nexus between railways officials and touts at the stations.
The CBI said that they had not registered any formal complaint but hoped to nab the touts and corrupt officials.
Tatkal tickets cannot be booked online from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. every day. This forces people to procure these tickets from the normal ticket counters where touts are allegedly active.
The Tatkal scheme was introduced by Indian Railways to meet the urgent travel requirement of passengers.
- Demand supply gap responsible for Tatkal woes: Mukul Roy - Jul 06, 2012
- Railways to launch revamped Tatkal scheme Monday - Nov 20, 2011
- Railways tweak Tatkal rules to check misuse - Jun 30, 2012
- Railways to curb Tatkal misuse - Nov 11, 2011
- Railways to further curb misuse of Tatkal facility - Oct 20, 2011
- Tatkal tickets for trains susceptible to manipulation: Auditor - Aug 05, 2011
- CBI busts railway recruitment scam, arrests two - Jan 02, 2012
- Railway ticket booking site made more accessible to common man - Jul 14, 2010
- 9,211 railway touts caught - Sep 02, 2011
- CBI searches bureaucrat's house in graft case - Nov 26, 2011
- CBI admits goof-up, action against three for terror list error - May 20, 2011
- Tax officials attacked during raid in Punjab - Jan 28, 2011
- CWG scam: CBI files case against four MTNL officials - Jun 08, 2011
- Massive railway job scam unearthed, 8 nabbed (Lead) - Jun 18, 2010
- Travel/web agents barred from booking on-line from 8-9 a.m. - Jul 14, 2010
Tags: cbi raids, central bureau of investigation, corrupt officials, formal complaint, indian railways, investigative agency, jaipur, jodhpur, lapses, New Delhi, nexus, railway stations, spokesperson, ticket counters, travel requirement, vigilance, western railway