CBI raids 19 places in Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll caseJune 13th, 2012 - 1:16 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 13 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Wednesday conducted searches at 19 places, including houses of two legislators, in connection with horse trading linked to the Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll, officials here said.
According to sources in the CBI, the raids are being conducted in Ranchi, Dumka, Kolkata, and Bhubneshwar among other places. The houses of independent legislators Chamra Linda and Bandhu Tirkey were searched in Ranchi.
“CBI team early morning searched my house. The search was related to the Rajya Sabha poll,” said Chamra Linda to reporters.
The CBI team has during the raids taken the details of account numbers, investments, and bank transactions of a few people.
The CBI May 18 had conducted searches at 39 places of 14 legislators, including Labour Minister Chandra Prakash Chaudhary in the horse trading case.
The March 30 Rajya Sabha poll from Jharkhand was countermanded after Rs.2.15 crore in cash was seized from the vehicle of a relative of an independent candidate on the outskirts of Ranchi.
The poll was rescheduled and took place May 3.
Sources say the CBI said the searches are based on the counting of ballots March 30.
The legislators are said to have crossed their party line to vote in the Rajya Sabha poll.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll: CBI searches lawmakers' homes - Apr 21, 2012
- CBI searches JMM legislator Sita Soren's house - May 22, 2012
- CBI again searches Jharkhand Congress lawmaker's home - Apr 22, 2012
- Horse trading: Premises of 14 Jharkhand MLAs raided - May 18, 2012
- 'Congress MP offered me Rs.25 lakh bribe' - Apr 23, 2012
- Ahuwalia files nomination for Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll - Apr 21, 2012
- Counting for Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll stopped as Rs.2.15 crore seized (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2012
- JVM-P accuses Congress of horse trading again - Apr 21, 2012
- Banks, legislators' accounts under scanner in Jharkhand RS polls - Apr 09, 2012
- Rajya Sabha poll: CBI charges three with horse trading - Apr 20, 2012
- Poll panel stops Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll, urges cancellation (Intro Roundup) - Mar 31, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha polls: High court dismisses petition - Apr 05, 2012
- Rajya Sabha poll cancellation: Congress nominee moves court - Apr 03, 2012
- Marandi's party to stay away from Rajya Sabha poll - Apr 23, 2012
- 'Jharkhand order on RS polls a victory on corruption' - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: account numbers, asian news, ballots, bank transactions, cbi raids, cbi team, central bureau of investigation, chandra prakash, crore, horse trading, independent candidate, independent legislators, indo, kolkata, labour minister, news service, outskirts, rajya sabha, rs 2, tirkey