CBI probe ordered in murder involving minister’s kinMay 27th, 2011 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
Allahabad, May 27 (IANS) The Allahabad High Court Friday ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the 2010 murder of a young businessmen gunned down allegedly by a close kin of Uttar Pradesh minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui in Hamirpur district.
Neeraj Gupta, 25, was shot in Sumerpur town Aug 14, 2010.
The victim’s father Ravi Kant Gupta has accused Siddiqui’s cousin Waseem of shooting his son down.
“Minister Siddiqui made it a point to ensure that no case was registered against his relative Waseem, even though there was enough prima facie evidence against him,” Gupta told reporters here.
“Eventually, it was only after I got a direction from the chief judicial magistrate that a case was registered against Waseem and his cohorts, but even after that, the police chose to simply sit over the case,” he added.
“What was even worse that no sooner than I moved the high court, the police filed a counter case accusing my late son of having committed suicide and simultaneously charged me with abetting the suicide.”
A high court bench of Justice Vineet Saran and Justice Surendra Singh not only conceded the petitioner’s request for a CBI probe, but also stayed the charge sheet filed by the state police against the father.
Rated as Chief Minister Mayawati’s most powerful minister, Siddiqui is in-charge of key portfolios including public works department, excise, housing, sugar industry, health , agriculture marketing and cooperatives.
- Mayawati's key confidante under Lokayukta's scanner - Dec 13, 2011
- Ayodhya case: Advani, others oppose CBI plea (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Taj Corridor case (To go with: Court scraps probe against Mayawati, BSP chief elated) - Jul 06, 2012
- Mayawati rules out CBI probe against trusted minister - Feb 27, 2012
- Ex-Mayawati aide claims threat from minister - Nov 19, 2011
- SC reserves order in Mayawati's assets case (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt gets relief in Uttar Pradesh case - May 04, 2012
- Plea for CBI probe into corporate ministry theft (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Supreme Court notices to six Andhra ministers (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- CBI seeks court nod to continue probe against Jagan - Apr 02, 2012
- High Court too orders CBI probe into doctor's murder - Jul 14, 2011
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011
- Jagan's bail plea dismissed (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Apex court to rule if states can appeal acquittals in CBI cases - Mar 19, 2012
- Put Ashok Todi to trial in Rizwanur case: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: agriculture marketing, allahabad high court, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, cohorts, committed suicide, court bench, gupta, industry health, judicial magistrate, Mayawati, petitioner, prima facie evidence, saran, siddiqui, sugar industry, surendra singh, vineet, waseem