CBI probe demanded into engineering fresher’s deathSeptember 12th, 2011 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Sep 12 (IANS) The father of Somya Singh, an engineering student who died last week after falling from the fourth floor of her hostel allegedly during ragging in Jaipur, have demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the case.
Somya Singh hailed from Patna and was a first-year B-Tech engineering student at a private college in the Bhankrota area of Jaipur in Rajasthan.
“We want a CBI probe into the matter because the college administration is trying to hide the incident of ragging that led to her death,” Somya’s father Mithilesh Kumar Singh said.
“Somya has become a victim of ragging,” Mithilesh told IANS over phone Monday. “It is clear that she was forced by seniors to walk on the railing of the hostel roof during ragging. She died after falling.”
He refuted the Jaipur police statement that the autopsy report confirmed that Somya was pregnant and was carrying a foetus of 14 weeks. “It is baseless and false. Somya was not carrying any foetus,” he said.
Mithilesh lodged a first information report (FIR) with the Bagaru police station in Jaipur, saying that she was ragged by seniors, which led to her death.
He said that two senior girls had come to her fourth-floor hostel room Sep 3 and made her walk on the railing. Somya informed her sister Tulika, who also studies in the same college, and the hostel warden. She also called up her father and some other relatives.
Singh alleged that the college administration took no action against the senior girls responsible.
According to his complaint, the two girls again forced Somya to walk on the railing Tuesday night. This time she fell down and was lying on the ground for half an hour before someone spotted her and rushed her to hospital.
- Girl student dies; father alleges ragging - Sep 10, 2011
- Medical student suspended for ragging - Jan 03, 2012
- Student ragging, murder: Two varsity officials face case - Jul 02, 2012
- Engineering girl student commits suicide - May 21, 2012
- Rajasthan colleges told to set up anti-ragging panels - Sep 11, 2012
- Andhra college girl loses voice after ragging by seniors - Jul 22, 2012
- Engineering student attempts suicide after ragging - Sep 07, 2010
- Medical student hangs himself in Patna, probe ordered (Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Spurned, man shoots himself in Jaipur girls' hostel - May 15, 2012
- Three engineering students expelled for ragging in Bihar - Dec 28, 2011
- Houston to be buried next to dad - Feb 17, 2012
- Ragging drives student to suicide in Bihar - Jan 27, 2011
- Student thrashed by colleagues at private college - Sep 10, 2011
- Rajasthan announces special package for Bhanwari Devi's kids - Jan 15, 2012
- Girl gangraped in Patna boys' hostel - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: autopsy report, b tech, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, college administration, engineering student, fir, foetus, half an hour, hostel, information report, lying on the ground, police statement, police station, private college, railing, rajasthan, tech engineering, tulika, two girls