CBI ordered to probe Jharkhand state service examsJune 14th, 2012 - 4:27 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 14 (IANS) The Jharkhand High Court Thursday ordered a CBI probe into alleged irregularities in 16 examinations conducted by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) for recruitment to civil and other services posts since the creation of the state in 2000, a law official said.
A division bench of Justice R.K. Merethia and Justice D.N. Upadhaya ordered the probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation when it took for hearing a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by Budhadeo Oraon, questioning an earlier investigation by the state Vigilance Bureau.
“The high court has ordered a CBI probe in all the examinations conducted by the JPSC to select deputy collectors, deputy superintendent of police, doctors, lecturers and other officials since the creation of the state,” said Rajiv Kumar, lawyer of the petitioner.
“The court has also directed 171 officials selected through the second JPSC examination to stop working from Thursday. Their salaries will be stopped,” Kumar said.
Earlier, based on the Vigilance Bureau report, 39 deputy collectors and deputy superintendent of police, who joined service through the second JPSC examination, were dismissed in 2010.
Former JPSC chairman Dileep Prasad and member Shanti Devi are in jail in connection with the irregularities in the conduct of the examinations.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- CBI finds fraud in Jharkhand state service exams - Jul 06, 2012
- Raids at ex-JPSC chairman's house, other places - Jun 15, 2010
- JPSC ex-secretary remanded to 14 days judicial custody (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Jharkhand sacks nine officials appointed illegally - Aug 04, 2010
- Jharkhand job scam: Vigilance report after forensic report - Oct 23, 2010
- Jharkhand to sack 19 irregularly appointed officials - Jul 09, 2010
- Ex-JPSC chairman, former members booked in job scam - Jun 13, 2010
- Ex-JPSC chairman to be probed for 'wrongful' appointments - Jun 10, 2010
- JPSC ex-secretary arrested on corruption charges - Nov 10, 2010
- Vigilance to quiz ex-official in Jharkhand job scam - Feb 07, 2011
- Court asks CBI to trace PIL mover in Koda scam - Aug 31, 2010
- Jharkhand job scam: Ex-official's house attached - Feb 06, 2011
- Former top official surrenders in Jharkhand scam - Feb 04, 2011
- CBI probe ordered against Koda in assets case - Aug 04, 2010
- Jharkhand asked to give security to Koda scam petitioner - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: asian news, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, deputy superintendent, division bench, indo, irregularities, jharkhand high court, jharkhand public service commission, jpsc examination, june 14, oraon, petitioner, prasad, public interest litigation, public service commission, rajiv kumar, shanti, vigilance, vr