CBI may tell court missing nurse is deadFebruary 20th, 2012 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, Feb 20 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is likely to file a report in the Rajasthan High Court Tuesday sttating that missing nurse Bhanwari Devi is dead, sources in the probe agency said here Monday.
The report is in connection with a habeas corpus petition filed by Bhanwari Devi’s husband Amarchand before he was arrested by the CBI on charges of being involved in the conspiracy of his wife’s disappearance.
During the last hearing, the CBI said that the nurse had been killed but the court demanded a closure report from the agency.
Amarchand was arrested Dec 8 by the CBI. On Sep 20, he had filed the petition in the high court accusing some influential people of being involved in her wife’s abduction.
“The case has almost been cracked as the remains of the nurse’s body have been recovered. Son of the nurse, Sahil, has confirmed that some of the items recovered from a 25-ft-deep crater and the canal, including a watch and some jewellery, belong to her,” said a source close to the CBI.
Teams of the Central Forensic Science Laboratory and the CBI recovered two guns, a gunny bag, a bat, some bone fragments, a charred mobile phone, earrings, a locket, a watch and bracelet during a search that continued for three days.
Bhanwari Devi, who allegedly features in a compromising position with sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna in a CD, had gone missing Sep 1 last year.
Maderna and Congress legislator from Luni constituency Malkhan Singh are among those who have been arrested in the case.
- Bhanwari case: Court seeks action against threats to CBI - Feb 27, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: CBI getting threats, court told - Feb 21, 2012
- Bhanwari was killed at politician's behest, says CBI - Jan 10, 2012
- One more arrested in Bhanwari case - Jan 17, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Some more items recovered - Jan 07, 2012
- Probing threats to CBI, Bhanwari case witnesses: Government - Mar 03, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Suspect's property to be seized - Jan 22, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: More items recovered (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Judicial custody of five extended till Jan 30 - Jan 16, 2012
- Nurse case: Accused sent to CBI custody till Jan 12 (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- CBI moves to auction Indra Bishnoi's property - Aug 17, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Setback for CBI as accused refuses to testify - Jan 11, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Properties of Congress lawmaker's sister seized - Feb 17, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna's wife - Jan 01, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent for DNA tests, Maderna's custody extended (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
Tags: abduction, bhanwari devi, cbi, central bureau of investigation, closure report, conspiracy, constituency, deep crater, disappearance, earrings, forensic science laboratory, gunny bag, habeas corpus, jewellery, legislator, maderna, nurse, rajasthan high court, sahil, two guns