CBI looks for weapon used in Aarushi’s murderJune 6th, 2008 - 3:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi/Noida, June 6 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Friday searched the Noida residence of dentist Rajesh Talwar, who has been arrested for the alleged murder of his daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, to look for the murder weapon. A day after the Ghaziabad court sent Talwar to 14-days judicial custody, a team of CBI sleuths Friday conducted searches in an around the apartment in Jal Vayu Vihar, where Aarushi was found dead.
“Searches have been conducted in and around the house. The drains near the house were also searched for the weapon of the murder,” a CBI official said.
The CBI subjected Talwar to a lie detector test June 4, on the suspicion that he knows about the weapon and the mobile phones of Aarushi and Hemraj.
During the lie detector test, also known as polygraph test, Talwar was composed.
“The lie-detector test was aimed at locating the weapon and to establish the sequence of events. Talwar was composed while answering most of the questions. We have sent for examination the physiological data collected during the test,” the official said.
The sleuths found differences in the statements of Talwar and his relatives about the incident.
Aarushi, 14, was found dead in her Noida apartment with her throat slit May 16. The police initially named domestic help Hemraj the main accused, but backtracked after his body was found on the terrace of the apartment a day later.
Police arrested Talwar May 23, accusing him of killing his daughter in a fit of rage as he objected to her closeness to Hemraj. The police had said at that time that he first killed Hemraj and then his daughter.
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Aarushi case closure unfortunate: Krishna Tirath - Dec 30, 2010
- 'Uttar Pradesh Police investigation was professional' - Feb 09, 2011
- Talwars charged with Aarushi, Hemraj murders (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar to continue on bail - Mar 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: Ghaziabad court issues warrants against Talwars - Feb 28, 2011
- Aarushi case: Court rejects plea of Talwar's parents (Lead, Changing dateline) - Mar 18, 2011
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? Search underway (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- CBI closure report in Aarushi murder shows its failure: Lawyers - Dec 29, 2010
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012