CBI grills Ramdev aide on fake passport issue (Lead)August 3rd, 2011 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi/Dehradun, Aug 3 (IANS) Yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s key aide Acharya Balkrishna was quizzed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Wednesday on charges of obtaining an Indian passport on the basis of false documents, a CBI official said.
“Balkrishna today (Wednesday) came to CBI’s office at Dehradun. He was questioned for five hours over allegedly procuring an Indian passport with fake educational degrees,” he said.
The agency has also called Balkrishna on Thursday for further questioning in the case.
Balkrishna was granted anticipatory bail till Aug 29 after he moved the Uttarakhand High Court July 29 that directed him to appear Aug 3 before the CBI.
The CBI summoned Balkrishna on July 25 to appear before it on July 28. Balkrishna asked for 20 days which was refused by the agency. The agency then asked him to appear on July 29. Balkrishna again sought 10 days time but the agency gave a deadline of Aug 4.
The probe agency issued a lookout notice for him on July 25. The agency also alerted airports to prevent him from leaving the country.
After the crackdown at Baba Ramdev’s venue in June in New Delhi, the government asked security agencies to probe allegations that Balkrishna held a fake passport.
Balkrishna went missing for two days after the crackdown on Baba Ramdev in New Delhi.
Baba Ramdev’s business empire comprises 34 companies which are largely controlled by Balkrishna.
- CBI grills Ramdev aide on passport issue - Aug 03, 2011
- Ramdev aide gets bail, to appear before CBI Aug 4 - Jul 29, 2011
- Appear by Friday, CBI tells Ramdev aide - Jul 28, 2011
- CBI begins probe against Ramdev's aide (Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- CBI books Ramdev's aide for fake passport - Jul 24, 2011
- CBI issues look out notice against Ramdev aide - Jul 25, 2011
- Ramdev's close aide arrested - Jul 20, 2012
- Nepal followers celebrate Acharya Balkrishna's birthday with pomp - Aug 04, 2011
- Ramdev hits out on government over aide's arrest - Jul 21, 2012
- Ramdev slams CBI for filing charges against aide - Jul 10, 2012
- Ramdev says campaign will continue, reaches Haridwar (Third Lead, Changing Dateline) - Jun 14, 2011
- Kejriwal is BJP agent, says Digvijay Singh - Jul 21, 2012
- I'm an Indian: Ramdev aide Balkrishna - Jun 07, 2011
- Fasting Ramdev's condition better, Sri Sri meets him again (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Ramdev's aide heads 34 firms worth Rs.265 crore - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: airports, allegations, baba ramdev, business empire, cbi, central bureau of investigation, crackdown, dehradun, educational degrees, fake passport, false documents, grills, indian passport, lookout, New Delhi, security agencies, venue, yoga guru