CBI files case in Bhopal activist’s murderSeptember 3rd, 2011 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered a case against “unknown” people for the murder of Right to Information (RTI) activist Shehla Masood, an official said Saturday.
“A case has been registered against unknown persons under Section 302 of the IPC (Indian Penal Code),” said a CBI official.
Masood, who was also India Against Corruption’s Madhya Pradesh chapter head, was shot in the neck in her car at her home in the Koh-e-Fiza area of Bhopal Aug 16. She was about to leave to lead demonstrations in support of Anna Hazare’s agitation for a stronger Lokpal bill.
According to Madhya Pradesh’s Inspector General of Police Sailendra Srivastava, she was shot dead when she was sitting in the driver’s seat and the car was standing at the parking lot of her residence.
The Madhya Pradesh government had Aug 18 decided to ask the CBI to probe her murder.
Masood was also a green activist and had fought for the Save Tiger project in Madhya Pradesh.
She had once expressed fear that she could be killed.
In a complaint filed at the Maharana Pratap Nagar police station in Bhopal, she had accused a senior police officer, Pawan Shrivastava, of making threatening phone calls to her.
Masood reiterated her complaint to Madhya Pradesh Director General of Police S.K. Raut Jan 19, 2010.
Recently, Masood had filed an RTI application seeking information on at least 19 Indian Administrative Service officers, 13 Indian Forest Service officers and seven Indian Police Service officers.
- Anti-corruption crusader killed in Bhopal - Aug 16, 2011
- RTI activist's murder: AIIMS forensic experts to visit Bhopal - Jan 10, 2012
- BJP MP, to be quizzed, praises murdered activist - Sep 01, 2011
- CBI probe an option in RTI activist's murder: Chidambaram - Sep 01, 2011
- CBI gets remand of Shehla Masood murder accused - Feb 29, 2012
- 'Jealous woman architect plotted Shehla Masood murder' - Mar 04, 2012
- Rs.5 lakh reward for information on RTI activist's murder - Sep 16, 2011
- CBI to 'recreate' RTI activist's murder scene - Sep 05, 2011
- 12 RTI activists killed; report calls them 'sitting ducks' - Sep 02, 2011
- CBI's Delhi branch to probe Shehla Masood's murder - Nov 02, 2011
- BJP legislator might be quizzed in RTI activist murder - Aug 26, 2011
- 'Why was Team Anna silent on RTI activist's murder?' - Sep 11, 2011
- CBI to quiz Shehla Masood murder accused for 3 days - Mar 03, 2012
- CBI to probe RTI activist's murder in Bhopal - Aug 18, 2011
- CBI questions legislator in Shehla Masood murder - Mar 03, 2012
Tags: agitation, anna hazare, cbi, central bureau of investigation, fiza, indian administrative service, indian forest service, indian penal code, indian police service, jan 19, koh, madhya pradesh government, maharana pratap, police officer, police station, raut, rti application, shehla, shrivastava, tiger project