CBI files case against former Kandla Port Trust chairman (Lead)January 5th, 2009 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered a case against a former chairman and two officials of the Kandla Port Trust (KPT) and two private firms for irregularities in land allotment.”The accused officials of KPT in conspiracy with private companies concealed facts to change the purpose of land and transferred land at rates much lower than prescribed rates,” said a CBI statement issued here Monday.
“The ex-chairman of the KPT against whom the case is registered is A. Janardan Rao. Two KPT official are K.C. Vyas and H.C. Venkatesh. The private firms are J.M. Bakshi and Company, Kandla, and Tejamal Bhai and Company, Kandla,” a CBI official said.
The agency conducted searches at 10 places in Delhi, Kandla and Surat in Gujarat and Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh at the official and residential premises of the accused and the private firms.
“During searches, incriminating documents have been seized indicating involvement of the accused persons in the case. Further investigation is in progress,” the statement added.
Kandla in Kutch district of Gujarat is one of the country’s leading ports.
- CBI case against former Kandla Port Trust chairman - Jan 05, 2009
- Two former Kandla Port Trust chairmen in CBI net - Jun 12, 2009
- 'Monitor CBI probe in Kandla Port cam' - Apr 02, 2012
- Shipping ministry official's duties restricted, court told - Jun 03, 2011
- CBI raids Mumbai Port Trust officials' premises - Jan 22, 2011
- CBI charge sheets Jagan, 12 others in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- CBI files graft case against BEML chairman, consultant (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- CBI registers case against former Mumbai Port Trust officials - Feb 24, 2011
- CBI demands shifting of shipping ministry official - Jun 01, 2011
- CBI arrests Kalmadi aides Bhanot, Verma (Third Lead) - Feb 23, 2011
- CBI files case against former oil regulator (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- CWG graft: Court takes cognizance of CBI charge sheet - Aug 27, 2012
- CBI questions bureaucrat, others in Jagan, Emaar cases - Aug 24, 2011
- CBI asked to probe Kandla Port Trust land leases - Mar 11, 2010
- CBI seeks custody of two officials in Jagan's assets case - Feb 14, 2012