CBI doubles reward for information on missing nurseNovember 15th, 2011 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 15 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Tuesday doubled to Rs.10 lakh the reward amount for any person who can provide information on missing nurse Bhanwari Devi, who allegedly featured on a CD in a compromising position with a minister.
The reward for providing information about absconding accused Sahi Ram has also been increased from Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakh.
“The information may be given at CBI Camp Office, Circuit House, Jodhpur (Rajasthan) on 09530346277, 02912513315, 01124368641. The identity of the informer will be kept confidential,” said an official statement here.
The nurse had gone missing from Jodhpur’s Bilara area Sep 1. Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot Oct 16 sacked Water Resources Minister Mahipal Maderna, who allegedly featured on the CD, from the cabinet over allegations that he had a role in her disappearance.
Maderna has also been suspended from the Congress party’s primary membership over the allegations of the nurse’s rape, kidnapping and murder.
The CBI Nov 11 gave a status report, in a sealed cover, to the Rajasthan High Court on the probe conducted so far into the case.
A day earlier, the probe agency quizzed Maderna for over six hours here. While he was being questioned, a CD was aired on some news channels showing the nurse and Maderna in a compromising position.
The court Monday gave the CBI time till Nov 24 to file a report in the case.
- CBI announces Rs.5 lakh reward in missing nurse case - Dec 06, 2011
- Gehlot meets Maderna in hospital - Nov 15, 2011
- CBI brings Maderna to Delhi for questioning - Dec 04, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Maderna being questioned by CBI - Dec 05, 2011
- Key suspect in missing nurse case surrenders, arrested (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Maderna sent to CBI custody till Dec 9 - Dec 03, 2011
- Forensic team returns after searching for missing nurse's remains - Nov 27, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Rajasthan ex-minister quizzed - Nov 10, 2011
- Missing nurse had affairs with other ministers too? - Nov 06, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI questions suspect's kin - Nov 28, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Rs.5 lakh reward for tip-off on accused - Apr 11, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Rs.5 lakh reward announced - Nov 01, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI hunts for legislator's sister - Dec 29, 2011
- CBI questions sacked Rajasthan minister over missing nurse - Nov 25, 2011
- Sonia should respond in missing nurse case: BJP - Nov 11, 2011
Tags: allegations, ashok, bilara, camp office, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, congress party, disappearance, jodhpur, maderna, mahipal, New Delhi, news channels, nurse, rajasthan high court, rape, rs 1, six hours, water resources