CBI demands death for Koli and Pandher, sentencing at 3 p.m. (Lead, Changing dateline)February 13th, 2009 - 1:33 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 13 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Friday asked a special court here to sentence to death businessman Moninder Singh Pandher and his domestic help Surendra Koli, who have been convicted for the murder and rape of a teenage girl.
The special CBI court in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad town, on the outskirts of the national capital, which heard the argument for the quantum of punishment, will pronounce the sentence at 3 p.m.
In the first of the Nithari case verdicts, Special Judge Rama Jain Thursday convicted Pandher and Koli for raping and killing 14-year-old Rimpa Haldar four years ago.
The two men were arrested on Dec 29, 2006, after police found 15 skulls outside the businessman’s bungalow in Noida adjacent to the national capital. The house (D-5) in Noida’s Sector 31, is next to Nithari village.
Subsequently, more bones were found in the drain behind the bungalow. Eventually, investigations revealed that the remains belonged to four women and 15 young girls who had been raped, killed and mutilated.
- Koli gets death for third Nithari murder - Sep 28, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli convicted for minor girl's murder (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli gets third death penalty (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher convicted for rape, murder - Feb 12, 2009
- Nithari killings timeline - Dec 22, 2010
- Nithari killings: Apex court confirms death for Koli (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- First Nithari murder sentencing later Friday - Feb 13, 2009
- Nithari killings: SC upholds death sentence for Surinder Koli - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killings: Apex court upholds Koli's death sentence (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Death for Koli and Pandher for Nithari teen's rape and murder - Feb 13, 2009
- Nithari killing: Supreme Court stays Koli's death sentence - Jan 07, 2010
- Supreme Court stays Koli's death sentence in Nithari killing (Lead) - Jan 07, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli held guilty in third murder case - Sep 27, 2010
- Nithari killings: Supreme Court stays Surinder Koli's death sentence - Jan 07, 2010
- Nithari killings: Apex court sends Koli to the gallows (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2011