CBI chief exhorts agency sleuths to meet nation’s expectationsJanuary 1st, 2009 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 1 (IANS) Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Director Ashwani Kumar, in his New Year message to the agency’s personnel, has asked them to change themselves to fulfil expectations of the four pillars of the democracy. “It should be our endeavour to make CBI the best and most professional organisation of the world. For this, first we need to change ourselves and then transform the organisation,” Kumar said.
“At the same time, I think we need to do a lot to fulfil the expectations of the government, parliament, judiciary, media and a host of other institutions of our country and abroad,” he added.
Kumar said in August last year the agency had invited ideas to improve the CBI’s functioning under the title “Ideas, Initiatives and Innovations” and it has been decided to implement the following this year:
· Professionalisation of investigation;
· Successful prosecution of court cases;
· Use of forensics for on-the-spot investigation;
· Inter-state and international cooperation in law enforcement;
· Distance learning and on-the-job training for investigators and prosecutors;
· Strengthening of legal and prosecution division;
· Use of technology and technical gadgets by field officers;
· Delegation and decentralisation of administrative functions;
· Optimum utilisation of available human, financial and material resources;
· Looking after the health and welfare of all CBI personnel and their families.