CBI chargesheets Chautala in teachers’s scamJune 6th, 2008 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 6 (IANS) Former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala was Friday charge sheeted by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for allegedly being involved in irregularities in the appointment of junior basic trained (JBT) teachers. The CBI also filed a charge sheet in the Patiala House Court here against two civil servants in the same case.
“A charge sheet has been filed against Chautala for criminal conspiracy, forgery, and cheating under the Prevention of Corruption Act,” a CBI official said Friday.
Sanjiv Kumar, the then Haryana government’s director of primary education, and Vidya Dhar, then Chautala’s officer on special duty (OSD), have also been charge sheeted.
A public suit filed in 2003 had alleged widespread corruption in the appointment of JBT teachers in Haryana in 1999-2000 and said that Chautala was directly involved in the scam. Chautala was the chief minister from 1995-2000.
Following the suit, Kumar filed a petition alleging that the list of the candidates to be recruited for 2,000 posts of teachers was changed at Chautala’s behest.
However, Chautala, the president of the Indian National Lok Dal, contended that Kumar had indulged in “corrupt” practices and had changed the lists.
The Supreme Court handed over the probe to the CBI, which took four years to complete its investigations, during which it had raided Chautala’s houses and grilled his sons.
- Teachers' jobs scam: Court paves way for Chautala's trial - Jul 28, 2011
- 'Hooda falsely implicated me to grab power' - Jun 01, 2012
- Apex court clears way for Chautala brothers' prosecution (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Court summons Chautala in teachers recruitment scam - Jul 16, 2008
- Ajay Singh Chautala seeks quashing of corruption charges, trial - Jan 03, 2012
- CBI court frames charges against Haryana IAS officer - Feb 18, 2010
- Court summons Chautala, grants bail to 56 in teachers' scam - Aug 20, 2008
- Chautala gets interim bail in graft case - May 03, 2010
- Haryana panel formed on takeover of Chautala trusts - Aug 24, 2011
- Punjab speaker's anticipatory bail plea rejected - Aug 14, 2010
- Court issues notice to CBI on Chautala plea - May 05, 2011
- Graft case against Chautala brothers stayed (Lead) - Oct 22, 2010
- CBI files chargesheet against Ramadoss - Apr 27, 2012
- Cash at judge door case: CBI files chargesheet against Justice Nirmal Yadav - Mar 04, 2011
- High court refuses to stay graft case against Chautala - Sep 19, 2011