CBI charge sheet against Uttar Pradesh ex-ministerMay 31st, 2012 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, May 31 (IANS) The CBI Thursday filed a charge sheet in a court here against former Uttar Pradesh health minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and his associate R.P. Jaiswal for lapses in fund allocation under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scheme.
Kushwaha and Jaiswal, present in judicial custody, were named in the charge sheet which was submitted before Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge A.K. Singh.
The CBI registered a case against Kushwaha and others for allegedly causing a loss of crores of rupees in the upgradation of 134 district hospitals.
During the probe, the CBI claimed that the misappropriation of funds was Rs.7.94 crore.
The materials used in the hospitals were found to be of inferior and sub-standard quality thereby causing a loss to the exchequer, the CBI alleged.
The CBI was also granted four days’ remand of four other accused, arrested in Lucknow Wednesday, presented before the court.
The four accused are Vipin Kumar Chaudhary, M.M. Tripathi, Vipin Kumar Gupta and A.K. Srivastava. They sent to CBI custody.
The investigating agency has filed 13 cases over the alleged irregularities in utilising Rs.10,000 crore funds allocated under the centrally-sponsored NRHM to Uttar Pradesh.
- Former UP official gets bail in graft case - Aug 08, 2012
- CBI files second chargesheet in Uttar Pradesh health scam - Apr 04, 2012
- NRHM scam: Kushwaha sent to judicial custody - Mar 13, 2012
- CBI raids former UP health minister - Jun 02, 2012
- Bureaucrat gets bail in rural health scheme scam - Apr 18, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI raids 60 places, ex-BSP minister under scanner (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- NRHM case: Former UP minister, BSP legislator arrested (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Day after joining BJP, Kushwaha's premises raided (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Fourth Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Third chargesheet filed in NRHM case - Apr 05, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Third Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Fresh raids by CBI in UP's multi-billion NRHM scam (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Political war erupts as CBI raids Kushwaha's premises (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2012
- CBI arrests ex-official in health scheme scam - Jan 07, 2012
- NHRM scam: CBI raids in UP, Gujarat - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: babu, cbi, central bureau of investigation, crores, district hospitals, fund allocation, ghaziabad, health minister, investigating agency, jaiswal, judicial custody, kushwaha, misappropriation of funds, national rural health, national rural health mission, special judge, srivastava, tripathi, upgradation, uttar pradesh