CBI books Ramdev’s aide for fake passportJuly 24th, 2011 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Sunday registered a case against yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s aide Acharya Balkrishna for allegedly holding a fake passport, an official said.
“We have registered a case against Balkrishna under section 12 of the Passports Act and cheating and forgery,” said a CBI official.
Earlier, the investigating agency received a complaint that Balkrishna held more than one passport.
After the crackdown here on Baba Ramdev’s fast against corruption in June, the government had asked security agencies to probe the allegations that Balkrishna held multiple passports.
Balkrishna, who resurfaced in Uttarakhand’s Haridwar two days after mysteriously disappearing following the crackdown, denied all the allegations and asserted that he was an Indian and held an Indian passport.
Baba Ramdev’s business empire comprises 34 companies which are controlled by Balkrishna.
- Appear by Friday, CBI tells Ramdev aide - Jul 28, 2011
- CBI begins probe against Ramdev's aide (Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- CBI issues look out notice against Ramdev aide - Jul 25, 2011
- Ramdev aide gets bail, to appear before CBI Aug 4 - Jul 29, 2011
- CBI grills Ramdev aide on passport issue - Aug 03, 2011
- CBI grills Ramdev aide on fake passport issue (Lead) - Aug 03, 2011
- Ramdev's close aide arrested - Jul 20, 2012
- Ramdev hits out on government over aide's arrest - Jul 21, 2012
- I'm an Indian: Ramdev aide Balkrishna - Jun 07, 2011
- Ramdev slams CBI for filing charges against aide - Jul 10, 2012
- Nepal followers celebrate Acharya Balkrishna's birthday with pomp - Aug 04, 2011
- Kejriwal is BJP agent, says Digvijay Singh - Jul 21, 2012
- 'Ramdev not close to RSS' - Apr 13, 2012
- Nepal defends Baba Ramdev aide - Jun 07, 2011
- Ramdev says campaign will continue, reaches Haridwar (Third Lead, Changing Dateline) - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: allegations, baba ramdev, business empire, cbi, central bureau of investigation, corruption, crackdown, fake passport, forgery, indian passport, investigating agency, New Delhi, passports, security agencies, uttarakhand, yoga guru