CBI books insurance official for fraudJune 15th, 2009 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has charged a divisional manager of the United India Insurance Company with fraud, the agency said Monday.
The charge against Babu Lal Kohli, who currently heads the company’s divisional office at Sikar in Rajasthan, was that while working in a similar capacity in Delhi, he had collected premiums from several people and had issued them cover notes but had neither deposited their copies nor the money with the company, a CBI statement said.
“Thus, the premium amounts collected have been misappropriated by him and the insurance company has also been cheated. Further, the insurance company has been put to risk in that he has issued policies to the individuals and the company is liable to pay any claims and damages against the policies,” the statement added.
There are also allegations that Kohli had settled false claims despite knowing that they were based on false and bogus records.
The CBI said searches have been conducted at Kohli’s two residences in Delhi and his office in Sikar. Documents about his assets, including three flats in Dakshinpuri, Krishna Park in Khanpur and Shalimar Garden areas, five plots at Madanpur and a plot in Surajpur Industrial Area in Delhi and agricultural land in Alwar in Rajasthan had been recovered during the searches.
- China's government insurance firms commit $455 mn fraud - Feb 01, 2011
- Star Health says it is in good health despite business loss - Jan 05, 2012
- Delhi blast: Detained Kashmiris' credentials found correct - Sep 10, 2011
- Insurers to discuss revision in health, motor insurance - Jul 03, 2012
- Two held for cheating, impersonation - Jul 01, 2012
- CBI speeds up probe in Rajasthan criminal's shoot-out - Feb 17, 2011
- Tetra Pak India joins Coca-Cola-NDTV 'Support My School' campaign - Aug 07, 2012
- Bharti to exit from financial services joint venture with AXA - Jun 10, 2011
- Rajasthan to offer houses to urban poor - Aug 09, 2012
- Court bars foreign insurer's agent from selling policies - Sep 26, 2010
- Mom pretended to be dead son to collect insurance money - Jun 06, 2012
- Drug smuggler arrested in Rajasthan - Dec 18, 2011
- Three private firms' directors booked for fraud - Feb 28, 2012
- Railways running without insurance cover - Aug 04, 2011
- It is a status quo budget with routine announcements: Insurance sector (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012