CBI asked to probe Bihar youth’s death in KeralaAugust 7th, 2012 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 7 (IANS) The family of 34-year-old Satnam Singh Mann, who died in mysterious circumstances in Kerala, want a CBI probe into his death.
Mann, from Bihar’s Gaya district, was brought dead to the Medical College Hospital in Thiruvananthapuram Saturday, his family and relatives said.
“We want a CBI probe into my grandson’s unnatural death,” grandfather Babu Kishore Singh said.
A businessman, Singh told IANS over telephone that neither he nor his family was satisfied by the Kerala government’s decision to order a Crime Branch probe into the death.
“We strongly suspect that my grandson was brutally tortured in jail. It’s a case for CBI,” he said.
Mann, a law student in Lucknow, was arrested when he created disturbances at spiritual leader Mata Amritanandamayi’s ashram near Kollam last week. He was charged with trying to attack the Mata.
- Bihar youth's death: Friends to seek justice - Aug 09, 2012
- Crime Branch probe ordered into death of Bihari youth - Aug 06, 2012
- Achuthanandan for CBI probe into Bihari youth's death - Sep 19, 2012
- Brother suspects police hand in death of Bihari youth - Aug 05, 2012
- Two arrested for death of man from Bihar in Kerala - Aug 11, 2012
- Kerala government faces ire over 'murder' of Bihari youth - Aug 18, 2012
- Bihari youth's death: Kerala doctors threaten strike - Aug 27, 2012
- Kerala orders CBI probe into attack on teacher - Nov 02, 2011
- Indian electronic industry will need 2.8 mn professionals by 2020 - Aug 18, 2012
- Kerala Police officer held for attack on journalist - Apr 16, 2012
- Kerala government to give job to widow of killed fisherman - Feb 22, 2012
- Father seeks CBI probe in son's custodial death - Nov 23, 2010
- Kerala Police, CBI in stand-off - Apr 23, 2012
- Wisdom indeed for modern times (IANS Book Review) - Jan 25, 2012
- Police officer arrested for attack on scribe - May 21, 2011
Tags: ashram, businessman, cbi probe, crime branch, gaya district, kerala government, kishore, medical college hospital, mysterious circumstances, patna, relatives, spiritual leader, thiruvananthapuram, unnatural death