CBI arrests two PNB officials accepting bribeJuly 29th, 2012 - 12:29 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 28 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation arrested two senior officials of Punjab National Bank (PNB) while accepting a nearly Rs.2 crore bribe, an official said Saturday.
“Manibhushan, who is the senior manager of PNB’s Regional Stationery Department Centre and another retired employee (presently asset recovery agent) Mendiratta were arrested by CBI’s Anti Corruption Branch Friday,” a CBI official said.
“These officials were caught red-handed demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs.1.8 crore from the complainant to set aside the sale in an auction in Mumbai in 2010,” the official added.
The CBI also raided the premises belonging to the accused at Mumbai, Patna and Banglore during which several incriminating documents were seized.
- Bank of India official arrested for bribery - Jul 07, 2012
- Assistant drug controller arrested for bribery - Jun 22, 2012
- Two provident fund officials arrested for graft - Oct 05, 2011
- CBI arrests senior Revenue Intelligence official for graft - Mar 07, 2012
- Arrested tax official has assets worth crores - Sep 07, 2011
- Anti-corruption raids of officials yields crores - Jan 13, 2012
- CBI arrests Punjab Police officer for graft (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Colonel arrested for bribery in Kashmir - Nov 30, 2011
- CBI nabs 4 customs officials for taking bribe - Jun 06, 2012
- Everonn managing director, tax official held - Aug 30, 2011
- Lok Sabha speaker's secretary removed after CBI raids - Sep 02, 2011
- CBI arrests four for defence canteen racket - Jul 01, 2012
- CBI swoops on 14 customs officers for taking bribes - Jan 11, 2011
- Brigadier held in defence canteen scam - Jul 03, 2012
- Corruption case against Delhi Police officer - Feb 24, 2012