CBI arrests bank manager for accepting bribeJanuary 29th, 2009 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 29 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation Thursday arrested a branch manager of a bank here for accepting a bribe of Rs.150,000, an official statement said.“The accused, Rajender Gupta, branch manager of Bank of Baroda at Janakpuri district centre here, demanded an illegal gratification of Rs 250,000 from the complainant, a civil contractor,” the statement said.
The congtractor was sanctioned bank guarantee to the tune of Rs 22.7 million by the Connaught Place branch of Bank of Baroda, out of which the bank released three bank guarantees to the tune of Rs.11.8 million.
“When the complainant requested the bank to release the remaining bank guarantees, the branch manager threatened the complainant that he would cancel even the three bank guarantees, already released to the complainant, unless the illegal gratification of Rs.250,000 was paid to him,” the statement said.
Gupta was caught while accepting a bribe of Rs.150,000.
The CBI has registered a case against the bank manager and is conducting searches at his residence.
- Bank of India official arrested for bribery - Jul 07, 2012
- Three customs, port employees nabbed for accepting bribes - May 27, 2011
- Jail, 100 times bribe fine for two policemen - Feb 24, 2012
- Cut surety amount, Jaya Jaitly tells court (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Arrested NALCO chief, wife to be produced in court - Feb 26, 2011
- CBI arrests two PNB officials accepting bribe - Jul 29, 2012
- Yes Bank to focus on retail segment for growth - Apr 21, 2012
- MCD engineer's jail term reduced to one year - Feb 16, 2011
- High Court reduces Jaya Jaitley's surety amount - May 14, 2012
- Mines Ministry suspends NALCO chief Abhay Kumar Srivastava - Feb 26, 2011
- B.L. Bagra given additional charge of NALCO Chairman - Feb 27, 2011
- Meghalaya official held for bribe, sent to police custody - Apr 06, 2011
- Court notice to CBI on Jaya Jaitley plea - May 11, 2012
- NALCO CMD, wife sent to six-day police custody (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- CBI arrests two officials for graft - Jun 02, 2011