CBI arrests 35 officers for corruptionOctober 19th, 2008 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) Thirty-five government officers were arrested all over the country in September by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for corruption and other offences, an official statement said.The agency Sunday said it registered 127 cases in September against officers for allegedly demanding and accepting bribes.
The cases have been registered for offences under prevention of corruption act, wild life corruption act, immoral trafficking, information technology act and Indian penal code.
The investigating agency registered 11 cases against officers for illegal amassing of wealth, the statement said.
- CBI books Jagan, Emaar under anti-corruption act - Aug 18, 2011
- CBI case against British firm owner for Tatra bribe offer - Apr 26, 2012
- Enforcement Directorate files chargesheet against Koda - Mar 04, 2011
- CBI launches massive searches in Jagan, Emaar cases - Aug 18, 2011
- CBI sets up anti-human trafficking unit - Jan 04, 2012
- Madhu Koda's aide arrested in Dubai - Nov 09, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea to be heard Thursday - Sep 07, 2011
- 2G case: Notice to CBI on Balwa's plea (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- CBI charge sheets Jagan, 12 others in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail case - Aug 13, 2012
- Two get bail in Adarsh scam - Jun 07, 2012
- CBI begins probe into army chief's bribe complaint - Apr 11, 2012
- CBI files cases against former Lt.Gen, defence official - Feb 01, 2012
- CBI files case against Reddy firm, conducts raids - Oct 03, 2011
- Fresh case against Abhishek Verma under secrecy act - Aug 29, 2012