Cases registered against Ghaziabad riotersMarch 6th, 2009 - 12:47 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, March 5 (IANS) Police Thursday night lodged six cases against rioters, a day after a mob ransacked a hospital, damaged a police post and over a dozen vehicles and critically injured two policemen in this Uttar Pradesh town near the national capital.
Six first information reports (FIRs) have been registered against the people who got violent after police gunned down two men allegedly for robbing a man Wednesday, police officials said.
Around 300 people barged into the district MMG Hospital here around 6 p.m., attacked police officials and tried to take away the bodies of the two slain men.
Two police constables injured in the violence in Islam Nagar locality of Ghaziabad town.
- Two Ghaziabad policemen in serious condition - Sep 19, 2012
- Two robbers kill woman and daughter, one held - Oct 13, 2011
- Transporter run over by police van for not paying bribe - Sep 08, 2010
- Man dies in police custody in Ghaziabad, two cops suspended - Jun 13, 2012
- Violent protests erupt in Ghaziabad after police gun down robbers(Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2009
- Married woman gangraped by six men in Ghaziabad - Mar 24, 2012
- Residents protest police action against councillor - Sep 30, 2011
- Three men beaten to death in Maharashtra - May 09, 2012
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Three hurt in Kashmir grenade attack - May 19, 2012
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011
- Police they prevented 'holocaust' in Mumbai - Aug 12, 2012
- Mosque area tense, two held for stoning cops (Second Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Three policemen run over by truck in Ghaziabad - Sep 21, 2012
- Curfew relaxed in violence-hit Ghaziabad area - Sep 17, 2012