Case registered in Pakistani activist’s murderMarch 28th, 2012 - 2:03 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 28 (IANS) A day after widespread protests and violence in Karachi over the killing of a Pakistani political activist and his brother, police Wednesday registered a case.
A case has been registered and three people accused in the complaint filed by the wife of Masood Mukhtar, brother of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) activist Mansoor Mukhtar, Geo News reported.
The Mukhtar brothers were shot dead in the port city’s PIB colony Tuesday morning, police said. At least 10 people were killed and over 50 vehicles torched as violence escalated in the city, a local media report said.
Thousands of MQM supporters took to the streets in different parts of the city in protest and set ablaze many vehicles while firing in the air.
The violent protests had virtually brought life in Karachi city to a standstill.
–Indo-Asian News Series
- 4 killed, 14 hurt in Karachi suicide attack (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Karachi is calm after violence (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- 10 killed in Karachi violence after leader's death (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Political activist killed, vehicles torched in Karachi - Mar 27, 2012
- 'Arms coming to Karachi from Afghanistan' - Mar 30, 2012
- Shutter-down strike in Sindh against MQM leader's killing - May 01, 2011
- Karachi violence death toll rises to thirty - Mar 14, 2011
- 27 killed in Karachi violence (Second Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- MQM triumphs in Karachi by-poll - Oct 18, 2010
- Strike paralyses life in Karachi - Aug 23, 2011
- 11 killed in Karachi violence, toll reaches 60 (Lead) - Oct 19, 2010
- Traders go on strike against Karachi violence - Jun 13, 2012
- Karachi on fire as death toll reaches 82 - Aug 05, 2010
- 24 arrested for Karachi killings, 4 more die - Jun 16, 2010
- Zardari takes note of extortion complaints in Karachi - Mar 17, 2012