Case filed over assault on killer Bihar teacherJanuary 9th, 2011 - 11:23 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Jan 9 (IANS) A case has been filed against 1,000 unidentified people for beating up a woman teacher accused of murdering Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Raj Kishore Kesri in Bihar’s Purnia town last week, police said Sunday.Police filed a first information report (FIR) five days after Rupam Pathak, 40, was beaten and seriously injured after she stabbed to death Kesri, 51, Jan 4 at his home.
Pathak was beaten by Kesri’s security guards, staff and supporters soon after the murder.
Pathak went to Kesri’s home in Purnia and killed him in the presence of a number of people. She alleged Kesri, legislator from Purnia assembly constituency, had raped her for over three years, a charge refuted by the party.
Women organisations demanded security for Pathak, who is in judicial custody, and her treatment at the Patna Medical College and Hospital. After being badly beaten, she was taken to neighbouring Katihar town and admitted in a hospital in a critical condition.
A court Thursday sent Pathak to judicial custody for 14 days.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Saturday ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into the murder.
Police have also arrested Navlesh Pathak, an editor of a local English weekly Quisling, who had first reported Pathak’s sexual harassment complaint. He was arrested following an FIR filed in a Purnia police station.
- Arrested Bihar editor begins fast over bad jail food - Feb 03, 2011
- Arrested Bihar editor to be provided newspapers, books - Feb 07, 2011
- Woman sent to jail for stabbing Bihar legislator - Jan 06, 2011
- Editor's arrest questioned in Bihar legislator murder case - Jan 08, 2011
- Editor sent to jail in Bihar legislator killing case - Jan 07, 2011
- Bihar scribes demand release of arrested editor - Jan 10, 2011
- Arrested editor fears danger to life - Jan 18, 2011
- Bihar legislator murder: Court grants bail to editor - Apr 28, 2011
- Bihar Police arrest journalist in BJP MLA murder case - Jan 06, 2011
- Bihar legislator's murder: Graver charges against teacher - Aug 09, 2011
- Bihar legislator's murder: Charges framed against teacher - Jun 10, 2011
- Nitish Kumar orders CBI Probe into legislator's murder - Jan 08, 2011
- Woman kills Bihar legislator who allegedly raped her (Third Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- CBI readies to probe Bihar legislator's murder - Jan 12, 2011
- Opposition for judicial probe into Bihar legislator's killing - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: central bureau of investigation, chief minister, constituency, critical condition, fir, information report, janata party, judicial custody, kesri, legislator, medical college, nitish kumar, police station, presence, purnia, quisling, security guards, sexual harassment complaint, unidentified people, woman teacher