Casanova groom lands in lock-upFebruary 18th, 2009 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Feb 18 (IANS) The groom-to-be would have been on his honeymoon, but instead he landed in the police lock-up, when on the night of his wedding, his woman friend spilled the beans on her “long sexual relationship” with him in front of a gathering of 250 guests.
The drama was first staged at the venue of the wedding in Raipur and then at the police station.
Preeti, a friend of the groom Pankaj, had came to attend the wedding from Durg district along with her husband. She stunned the guests when she alleged that she had a “long term affair” with Pankaj.
“The woman, Preeti, stunned her husband Chandrasekhar and about 250 guests present there when she made her relationship public, minutes before the marriage rituals were set to begin,” Deen Dayal Nagar police station in-charge, R.N. Singh Sengar, told IANS Wednesday.
“Preeti claimed she had made her relationship public to save the bride, as her life would be spoiled by the groom who was not a faithful person,” Sengar said.
“Preeti’s allegations charged up the atmosphere and the police were called and we brought the woman, her husband, the groom and bride’s family to the police station and went into details of the sexual charges levelled by Preeti,” Sengar said.
“The girl’s family decided to put off the marriage and lodged a written complaint seeking action against Pankaj after we found something serious in the woman’s allegation,” Sengar said.
Pankaj was arrested after the would-be bride’s parents gave a complaint in writing alleging that he had insulted them by trying to enter into a marriage despite his previous relationship.
- Woman killed in Pakistan for not bringing car in dowry - Dec 21, 2010
- Bride discovers groom is a woman - Aug 02, 2011
- Kashmir police bust human trafficking racket - Mar 09, 2012
- Woman accuses Bengal cop of misbehaving with her - May 17, 2012
- Malaysians seek brides from Vietnam, China - Jul 25, 2010
- Groom caught making it out with waitress - Jun 17, 2012
- Another custodial death in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 08, 2011
- Bride kills groom on wedding night - Feb 20, 2012
- Bengal women's panel seeks report on newly-wed couple - Sep 06, 2012
- Two Bengal cops removed for misbehaving with woman complainant - Apr 26, 2012
- Policeman suspended for letting off harassment accused - Apr 16, 2012
- Sham marriage groom made list to memorise bride's details - Dec 03, 2011
- Newlywed Couple Spends Wedding Night In Jail - Mar 04, 2010
- Woman commits suicide with two kids, lover - Jul 25, 2012
- Married woman gangraped by six men in Ghaziabad - Mar 24, 2012