Carla Bruni meets HIV patients at Safdarjung HospitalDecember 6th, 2010 - 1:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 6 (IANS) French President Nicolas Sarkozy’s celebrity wife Carla Bruni Monday met counsellors and HIV positive patients at the Safdarjung Hospital here while her husband began discussions with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The French First Lady reached the hospital at 11.10 a.m. and visited the Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) centre and the out-patient department (OPD) of the hospital in south Delhi.
Bruni is the goodwill ambassador of the Geneva-based Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
The hospital is also holding a meeting with the French delegation, officials said.
The National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO), which forms policy and implements programmes for the prevention and control of HIV-AIDS in India, has been coordinating with the French embassy for the visit.
Bruni will also visit the Naz Foundation-run home for HIV-positive children in East of Kailash in south Delhi.
“There are nearly 30 children in the home here. They are quite excited and have also made some special greeting cards for Bruni,” Naz Foundation chief Anjali Gopalan told IANS.
On a four-day official visit to India, Sarkozy and Carla Bruni arrived at the Bangalore airport Saturday.
The couple visited Taj Mahal in Agra Saturday and paid a visit to Fatehpur Sikri Sunday.
Sarkozy’s visit is aimed at expanding cooperation in defence, nuclear power, sustainable development and culture.
- Carla Bruni interacts with HIV patients at Delhi hospital (Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- Carla Bruni to visit Safdarjung Hospital Monday - Dec 04, 2010
- Bruni meets AIDS patients, dazzles Delhi (Second Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- Carla Bruni to visit Safdarjung Hospital to see anti-natal, HIV care procedure - Dec 06, 2010
- Happy Birthday Carla Aunty - Dec 06, 2010
- Bring transparency in AIDS programme: Civil society - May 17, 2011
- Taj Mahal being spruced up for Sarkozy visit - Dec 01, 2010
- Sarkozy, Bruni spend an hour at Fatehpur Sikri (Lead) - Dec 05, 2010
- Bruni says surprised by her popularity in India - Dec 06, 2010
- Sarkozy, Bruni to visit Agra - Dec 04, 2010
- Sarkozy, Bruni arrive in India (Lead) - Dec 04, 2010
- Sarkozy, Bruni view Fatehpur Sikri - Dec 05, 2010
- Sarkozy, Bruni round up Agra visit with Fatehpur Sikri (Second Lead) - Dec 05, 2010
- India undeterred by global donors' pullout for AIDS control (Dec 1 is World AIDS Day) - Nov 30, 2011
- Sarkozy keeps date with Carla at Taj Mahal - Dec 04, 2010
Tags: aids control, anjali gopalan, carla bruni, french delegation, french president nicolas, french president nicolas sarkozy, global fund to fight aids, global fund to fight aids tuberculosis and malaria, goodwill ambassador, hiv aids, hiv patients, manmohan singh, national aids control organisation, nicolas sarkozy, president nicolas sarkozy, prime minister manmohan singh, safdarjung hospital new delhi, special greeting cards, taj mahal in agra, wife carla