Carey paid about $1 million to sing for Gaddafi’s sonJanuary 5th, 2009 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 5 (IANS) Pop star Mariah Carey was paid nearly $1 million to sing at a New Year’s party held by Colonel Gaddafi’s son.Thesun.co.uk reports that Libyan dictator’s son Saif, 36, apparently spent 687,000 pounds (nearly $1 million) for a set that included just four songs at the Nikki Beach Club on the Caribbean island St.Barts.
Observers said that Carey dispelled any rumours of her being pregnant when she drank champagne and had oysters with her husband Nick Cannon.
Hip-hop stars Jay-Z and Timbaland also performed.
“They all had a great time,” a guest said.
- Mariah Carey paid $1M to sing at Libyan dictator Gaddafis sons party - Jan 05, 2009
- Usher donates Gaddafi gig money to charity - Mar 06, 2011
- Beyonce does 1hr gig for Moammar Khadafy's son - Jan 05, 2010
- Jay-Z, Beyonce upset with Kardashian - Sep 02, 2012
- Pearl Jam to perform at Jay-Z's festival - May 23, 2012
- Mystery behind Beyonce's '$2m performance' deepens - Feb 06, 2010
- Footballer Ashley Cole plans to make music - May 02, 2011
- Jay-Z teams with Pharrell for clothing line - Aug 05, 2011
- P. Diddy 'wealthiest artist in hip-hop' - Mar 11, 2011
- Beyonce Had A Gala Time On New Year's Eve - Jan 06, 2010
- Nick Cannon wants $25K for his b'day bash - Sep 29, 2010
- Nick Cannon looking for sponsors to pay $25K for his b'day bash - Sep 29, 2010
- Mariah Carey feels 'horrible and embarrassed' to have sung for Gaddafis - Mar 04, 2011
- Singer Nelly Furtado donating $1 million from Gaddafi bash - Mar 01, 2011
- Hip hop has become mellow: Jay-Z - Oct 02, 2011