Car worst carnivore than beast, says Russian zooJuly 6th, 2012 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 6 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Illustrating the notion that automobiles are carnivores - and worst than beasts, at that - a zoo in central Russia has put a caged car on display next to pumas and iguanas.
In the zoo in Lipetsk region, the cage holding the BMW sedan was adorned with a board reading “Yezdun”, a made-up Russian word implying “very bad driving”, according to the Gorod48.ru website.
“I drive. I don’t think. I can’t,” the placard reads.
The stunt was to promote an international campaign for safe driving, in which the Lipetsk region is taking part, police said.
“A flagrant traffic offender is more dangerous than any beast,” a police spokesman said.
Around 300 people are killed and a further 2,500 crippled every year on the roads of the region, which has a population of 1.2 million.
- North Korean robbed of $100,000 in Moscow - Jul 18, 2012
- Caged bear mauls girl in Russia - Aug 27, 2012
- Russian gay rights activists arrested under new law - Apr 07, 2012
- Child attacked by tiger in Russian zoo - Jan 04, 2012
- Chimpanzees learn to mop cage from keepers - Feb 10, 2012
- 'US presidential polls among world's worst' - Aug 17, 2012
- Russian fighter plane crashes - May 29, 2010
- Policeman kidnapped in Russia - Aug 24, 2012
- Key Russian websites hacked, down on election day - Dec 04, 2011
- Russian interior ministry orders new drones - Apr 05, 2012
- Ukrainian man to spend 35 days in cage with lion - Aug 04, 2011
- Cops mugged, robbed by villagers in Siberia - Aug 20, 2012
- Woman jailed for throwing daughter from third floor - Aug 21, 2012
- NATO plans new Afghan mission after 2014 - Jun 04, 2012
- Holed up militants killed in Russian town - Aug 11, 2011
Tags: automobiles, beast, beasts, bmw, carnivore, carnivores, central russia, iguanas, international campaign, moscow, notion, placard, police spokesman, population, ria novosti, ru, russian word, safe driving, traffic offender, zoo