Car skids off road in Shimla, five killedJanuary 21st, 2012 - 3:56 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 21 (IANS) Five people were killed in this Himachal Pradesh capital Saturday when their car skidded off the road and rolled down a 1,000-ft-deep gorge.
Police said the cause of the accident is believed to be slippery road due to snow.
“The bodies have been recovered but the car wreckage is yet be retrieved,” a police official told IANS. The victims, in the age group of 24 to 32, belonged to Shimla and Theog towns. Some passersby noticed the car in the gorge at Tutikandi.
- 17 labourers killed in Himachal accident - Feb 14, 2012
- 17 labourers killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- 34 killed in Himachal bus accident (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Ten killed in Himachal accident - Apr 04, 2011
- Car rolls down gorge in Himachal, five killed - Jun 29, 2012
- Bus with over 30 people falls into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Seven killed in Himachal road accident - Apr 17, 2012
- Six of family killed in Himachal accident - Apr 01, 2012
- Five die in Himachal accident - Aug 01, 2012
- Seven killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- 20 die as bus fall into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Himachal Congress chief injured in accident - Dec 06, 2011
- Himachal accident toll rises to 15 (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- 40 die as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 13 killed in road accident in Jammu - May 30, 2012