Car runs over six kids, three deadMay 17th, 2008 - 1:14 am ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, May 16 (IANS) Three children died and three others were critically injured Friday evening when a car ran over them in Ghaziabad, the police said. A man, identified as Nawab, was returning from Friday prayers with his three children and his brother’s kids when they stopped to take water from a tubewell in Farooque Nagar locality under Loni police station.
While they were standing on the roadside, a Tata safari, driven by an allegedly drunk driver ran over them and fell into a ditch. Three children died on the spot, while three others are struggling for their lives in Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital at Delhi, a police official said.
The deceased were identified as Rashid, 5, Muskan, 6, and Samad, 5.
Circle Officer C.P. Singh said the driver was arrested and two bottles of whisky, empty glasses and bottled water were found in the car.
- Four of family killed in town near Ghaziabad - Jan 07, 2012
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Rapist run over by train, dies - Jan 29, 2011
- Father, son arrested for four murders - Jan 17, 2012
- Three policemen run over by truck in Ghaziabad - Sep 21, 2012
- Three injured as car run over pavement - May 18, 2012
- Illicit liquor manufacturing unit unearthed, six held - Feb 05, 2011
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Two minor girls drown after car plunges into canal - Jun 16, 2009
- Ghaziabad councillor found murdered - Jul 22, 2011
- Day after fire, anxious, angry wait at hospital - Nov 21, 2011
- Delhi policeman knocked dead by speeding taxi - Jun 07, 2012
- Three Lucknow students die in accident - Sep 05, 2012
- Youth dies in police custody, protesters block road - Aug 11, 2010
- 12-year-old crushed to death, residents ransack police post - Jul 06, 2009