Car lifters’ gang arrested in GhaziabadNovember 24th, 2008 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Nov 24 (IANS) Four people were arrested here Monday for their involvement in over a dozen cases of car thefts, the police said. The police arrested Mukhtar, 34, Sachin Gupta, 30, Bishan Saxena, 32, and Anil Gupta, 28, while three others Zayed, Haji Babbar and Mustakim managed to escape.
Ten cars were recovered from their possession.
“At least six cars were stolen from the NCR region. We are ascertaining the registration of the remaining cars and would hand them over to their respective owners,” Superintendent of Police Vijay Bhushan said.
“These people were originally scrap dealers but later took to lifting cars,” Bhushan said.
One Of the accused, Mukhtar, told IANS: “I was working at a taxi stand when I was introduced to a man named Zayed by a co-worker. Zayed asked me to protect cars that he lifted from various places and assured me of good money on each job. I agreed to this and starting doing what he said. It is for the same reason that I am here. And now Zayed has fled away, leaving me behind.”
- Dealers in stolen vehicles arrested in Delhi - Jan 20, 2011
- Mizoram to have high security number plates to check car thefts - Jan 24, 2012
- 'Chacha-Bhatija' vehicle theft ring busted - Feb 04, 2012
- Gang of vehicle thieves busted in Delhi - Jun 09, 2010
- Two car lifters arrested - Oct 07, 2010
- Air Force official murder case solved, four arrested - Jan 24, 2012
- One cop held with drugs, four suspended in Ghaziabad - Feb 02, 2011
- Stolen car found 42 years later eBay - Jul 13, 2012
- Auto-lifters gang busted in Ghaziabad, 11 cars seized - Mar 23, 2010
- Man involved in 250 CNG car kit thefts held - Feb 21, 2011
- Global Positioning System helps in tracing stolen car - Oct 28, 2010
- Notorious criminals arrested in Ghaziabad - Jun 17, 2012
- Shanghai residents being duped into buying retired taxis - Dec 14, 2010
- Robbery gang busted in Chandigarh - Apr 11, 2011
- 35 law-breakers held in Pakistan - Feb 14, 2012