Car knocks down four children on pavementSeptember 3rd, 2008 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) Four children were injured when a speeding car climbed onto a pavement in northwest Delhi, the police said Wednesday.The accident occurred late Tuesday night in Mangolpuri area and the car knocked down two motorcycles as well, a police official said.
“The accident took place around 11.30 p.m. The speeding Indica car climbed onto the pavement and hit two motorcycles before hitting the four children who were playing on the pavement outside their house,” the official said.
The children - Ravi (15), Manisha(3), Karan and Neeraj (17) - were taken to Sanjay Gandhi Hospital and were discharged after initial treatment.
“Out of the four, Manisha suffered maximum injuries with fractures on her legs. The children were playing outside home as there was no electricity in the area at that time,” the officer added.
The car driver, Dinesh (22), was in an inebriated condition. He and his three friends travelling with him were nabbed and beaten up by an angry mob. They were later handed over to the police.
The police suspect that all four youths were drunk.
“All of them are residents of nearby areas. Dinesh, who was identified as the owner of the car, has been arrested,” he said.
- Five killed in two road accidents - Nov 07, 2011
- Two killed in accident - Mar 14, 2012
- Three injured as car run over pavement - May 18, 2012
- Four killed in Punjab road accident - Sep 17, 2010
- Three killed in Delhi road accidents - Sep 04, 2010
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- One killed, five injured in two Mumbai road accidents - Apr 19, 2011
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Drunk driver kills three in Noida - Nov 10, 2009
- Six youth killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Dec 01, 2010
- Mother, daughter killed by speeding car (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Eight killed in Andhra on New Year's Day - Jan 01, 2012
- Speeding car injures five - Apr 21, 2012