Captured terrorist a Pakistani: PatilNovember 28th, 2008 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 28 (IANS) Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister R.R. Patil said Friday that the only terrorist caught in Mumbai’s terror saga was a Pakistani citizen.“He is a Pakistani,” Patil told reporters, announcing the end of commando operations at the Oberoi Trident hotel, one of the landmarks that terrorists took over since Wednesday night.
Patil said two terrorists had been killed at the Oberoi hotel and a large amount of arms and ammunition had been seized.
“Even the Taj (hotel) operation is at the last stage, it will end soon,” Patil said, referring to the hotel near the Gateway of India monument.
Patil announced that Maharashtra would set up an anti-terrorist body akin to the National Security Guard (NSG) in view of the weak coastal security in the state.
Patil put the number of policemen killed in the anti-terrorist operations at 15 and said a total of 370 people have been injured.
Nine terrorists too have been killed and one captured, he added. A member of the NSG has also been killed, he said.
He said the Mumbai Police had evidence to prove who was involved in the terrorist strike. “We will give details only after full investigation.”
- Ten terrorists who held Mumbai to ransom - Aug 29, 2012
- 26/11, a grim reminder of our perilous neighbourhood: Antony - Nov 26, 2010
- Bangalore, Pune blasts accused murdered in jail (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Two held for German Bakery blast - Sep 08, 2010
- Chidambaram pays tribute to 26/11 martyrs - Nov 26, 2010
- Tightest ever security for Ganesh immersions Sunday (Lead) - Sep 07, 2011
- Security high in sea, air, land for Mumbai grand finale - Mar 31, 2011
- Compensate slain terror suspect's family, demands Samajwadi Party - Jun 11, 2012
- 26/11: India still awaits Pakistan's decisive action (Roundup) - Nov 26, 2011
- Three years on, India remembers 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2011
- Oberoi Group denies reports on P.R.S Oberoi's successor - Apr 12, 2011
- Chidambaram to pay homage to Mumbai terror attack victims - Nov 25, 2010
- Premature to call Pune blasts a terror attack, says Patil - Aug 02, 2012
- Several more blasts strike Mumbai''s Trident and Taj hotels - Nov 27, 2008
- Ammonium nitrate used in Pune blasts: Patil (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012