Captain Malik lying, asserts YousufNovember 17th, 2008 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, Nov 17 (IANS) Star batsman Mohammad Yousuf hit back at Shoaib Malik, saying that the Pakistan captain lied when he said that he showed no disrespect to any senior player.Yousuf, who arrived home Monday after participating in the Indian Cricket League (ICL), also said that Pakistan cricket will suffer because of the ban placed on him by the board.
“I was surprised to hear that he (Malik) claims that he has never been disrespectful towards me or any senior players. That’s a news to me. I believe that a captain should take senior players along but he (Malik) never did that,” said Yousuf, who was banned by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) last month for playing in rebel ICL.
“I am Pakistan’s leading batsman for quite sometime and they don’t have anybody to replace me. It’s Pakistan which will suffer without me. People who have done this with me do not care about national interest. They care about their own selfish motives,” added Yousuf.
Yousuf said he wanted his fans in Pakistan to know that he didn’t switch to ICL because of the money.
“I could make a lot more money playing for Pakistan than the ICL. It was about respect. I played for Pakistan for almost ten years and always gave my best. But still I was treated shabbily by the former officials of the board and the captain,” he said.
“Playing for Pakistan will always be my first preference. I believe that the PCB should lift the ban on ICL players because not even the ICC has banned the league.”
- Banned Yousuf hoping for a recall to Pakistan side - Jan 13, 2009
- Inzamam blames Yousuf absence for Pakistan's humiliating defeat - Jan 24, 2009
- Pak selectors miffed with Malik, Yousuf for choosing Bangladesh money over country - Feb 05, 2011
- Malik denies he was disrespectful to Yousuf - Nov 07, 2008
- PCB appeals to Yousuf to rejoin Pak team - Feb 09, 2009
- Akmal rejoicing return to Pakistan team - Jan 05, 2011
- Ex-Pak skipper Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket - Mar 29, 2010
- PCB's 'harsh' decision evokes mixed response from ex-Pak cricketers - Mar 11, 2010
- It's payback time, PCB tells Yousuf (Lead) - Nov 07, 2008
- Pakistan skipper Younis backs off-form Yousuf - Aug 12, 2009
- "I've presented all documents asked for by PCB Integrity Committee": Kamran Akmal - Jan 01, 2011
- Yousuf's decision to quit international cricket is an emotional one: Afridi - Mar 28, 2010
- PCB chief rules out recalling Younus, Yousuf - Jul 07, 2010
- Younis returns to Pakistan team for South Africa series - Oct 20, 2010
- Moin slams 'egoistic' PCB boss Butt, chief selector for ignoring Younis - Aug 26, 2010