Candlelight vigil for Mumbai terror attack victimsNovember 29th, 2008 - 11:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 29 (IANS) Indians all over the country Saturday held candlelight vigil to express solidarity with the victims of Mumbai terror attack, defying the threat and the mayhem unleashed by terrorists.“We are paying tributes to all police and security officers who sacrificed their lives fighting with the terrorists to save civilians,” said Meenakshi Jaitely, who works for a multi-national company and had come to India Gate to participate in the vigil Saturday evening.
Candlelight vigil was also held from 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. in Mumbai, Hyderabad and Banglalore.
Delhi Mayor Arti Mehra also was present at the India Gate monument to take part in the homage paying ceremony.
“I salute the police officers who stood up against the terrorists bravely,” said Arti Mehra.
At least 183 people, including 20 policemen and 22 foreigners, were killed and 327 injured in a 60-hour trauma since Wednesday night when terrorists attacked the financial capital of India.
- Mumbai remembers, prays for 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2010
- Mumbai remembers 26/11: host of events planned a year on - Nov 25, 2009
- Candlelight vigils mark one month of Japan quake (Lead) - Apr 11, 2011
- Three years on, India remembers 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2011
- 26/11, a grim reminder of our perilous neighbourhood: Antony - Nov 26, 2010
- Greenpeace to observe a month of Japanese tsunami - Apr 11, 2011
- We're trying to protect India Gate, not restrict access: Delhi Police - Aug 28, 2012
- Tribute to 26/11 victims - sculpted in sand (With Image) - Nov 26, 2010
- First anniversary of 26/11 attacks being observed today - Nov 26, 2009
- Judges, lawyers mourn blast deaths - Sep 08, 2011
- Muslim group pays homage to martyr Hemant Karkare in New Delhi - Nov 26, 2009
- Maruti management holds candlelight march - Aug 05, 2012
- Chidambaram to pay homage to Mumbai terror attack victims - Nov 25, 2010
- Northeast students protest Manipuri student's death (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
- Touch wood, no terror incident this year: Chidambaram - Jul 13, 2012