Cancer patient commits suicideAugust 18th, 2012 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Aug 18 (IANS) A 35-year-old woman, suffering from stomach cancer, committed suicide by immolating herself in Rajasthan’s capital Jaipur, police said Saturday.
Arpana Mandal allegedly set herself on fire in Galta Gate area late Friday night.
She was depressed due to the incurable decease and succumbed to burn injuries at a hospital Saturday, police said.
“Arpana Mandal had been undergoing treatment for stomach cancer for the past few years. She was depressed as the doctors said that it was incurable,” a police officer said.
The victim’s husband, a gem stone businessman, was not at home when she poured kerosene over her body and set herself ablaze, the officer said.
- Rape victim succumbs to burn injuries - Apr 18, 2012
- Women critically injured after immolation attempt - Mar 20, 2011
- Husband, wife commit suicide - Jan 25, 2012
- Woman forced into prostitution by husband ends life - Apr 16, 2012
- Ailing man burns self on pyre - Oct 31, 2011
- Plagued by ill health, woman kills self - Jan 06, 2011
- Woman burns herself, two kids - Jan 20, 2012
- Student sets herself afire after teacher's beating - Oct 14, 2011
- Woman harassed by panchayat kills herself - Apr 30, 2011
- Woman sets herself, daughter on fire - Dec 31, 2011
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Man kills wife, two daughters - Jul 06, 2012
- Girl tries to end life after MMS blackmail - Apr 26, 2011
- Road rage: Man burnt alive in Rajasthan - Jul 03, 2012
- 26/11 martyr's uncle succumbs to self-immolation bid - Feb 05, 2011
Tags: arpana, businessman, cancer patient, decease, doctors, friday night, gem stone, kerosene, old woman, police officer, stomach cancer, suffering from, suicide, undergoing treatment, woman suffering