Canadian paedophile jailed in Tamil NaduAugust 1st, 2008 - 11:27 pm ICT by IANS
Mahabalipuram (Tamil Nadu), Aug 1 (IANS) A court here sentenced a Canadian national, Myles Patrick, to five years’ imprisonment for sexually assaulting minors, an official source said Friday. An Indian, S. Srinivasan, 22, was also sentenced to three years in jail for abetting the crime.
According to the prosecution, Patrick, 55, took pornographic pictures of young children lured to his “den” by his accessory during repeated visits to the country for over a decade.
Paedophilia by foreigners is rampant in this little seaside resort, 60 km south of state capital Chennai, human rights activists claimed.
- Rajya Sabha passes bill on sexual offences against kids - May 11, 2012
- Convicted Russian paedophile monk faces fresh charges - May 26, 2011
- All 269 guilty in Vachathi mass rape, assault case - Sep 29, 2011
- William Heum to walk free - Feb 11, 2010
- Gay activists fined in Russia - Apr 25, 2012
- Retired army officer gets life for killing Chennai boy - Apr 20, 2012
- Australian man raped woman for 13 hours - May 11, 2011
- Rapist priest's seven-year term upheld (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Remove atomic scientist, expand expert panel: Kudankulam activists - Feb 10, 2012
- British soldier jailed for rape - Mar 10, 2012
- Mumbai police arrest paedophile Britons - Mar 21, 2011
- More than 400 Afghan women jailed for 'moral crimes' - Mar 29, 2012
- Dutch national held for child porn in Chennai - Nov 08, 2009
- Ex-army officer gets 10 years jail for torturing son - Aug 04, 2012
- Child rights activists welcome verdict on paedophile Britons - Mar 18, 2011