Canadian consultant visits Bihar hydropower project siteMarch 18th, 2008 - 7:50 pm ICT by admin
Patna, March 18 (IANS) A Canadian consultant Tuesday visited the site of 126 MW capacity Dagmara hydropower project in Bihar, which is facing power shortages and looking forward to developing a world-class generation unit. Wilford Brown, who arrived here Monday, visited the site in Supaul district, about 250 km from here, along with the top officials of the state’s energy department.
“Before leaving for the site visit, Brown held a meeting with officials of Bihar State Hydro-electric Corporation, ILFS, and WAPCOS (Water and Power Consultancy Services Ltd) Monday,” an official in the chief minister office said.
The project got the environmental clearance from the central government early this year.
It is estimated to cost Rs.6 billion. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has agreed to provide Rs.4 billion.
Officials said work on the project would begin this year and would be completed in three years.
The project is expected to improve the power supply in the state’s Kosi region.
- Bihar's hydel project gets Central Water Commission's nod - Apr 26, 2012
- ADB to give $889 million for Himachal, Assam power projects - Jan 19, 2011
- Myntdu Leskha hydel project commissioned - Feb 29, 2012
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- Hydropower firms owe Rs.264 crore to Himachal government - Aug 28, 2012
- Rising silt keeps Himachal hydropower plants shut - Aug 21, 2012
- Hydro-power key to India's energy security: Study - Jun 21, 2012
- Northeast to generate 5,000 MW more in next few years - Jul 07, 2011
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Jaypee's hydropower corridor to be set up this month - Jul 03, 2011
- India seeks $2.5 bn World Bank aid for power projects - Jun 20, 2011
- Jaypee's hydro project in Himachal starts partial generation - Jun 06, 2011
- Arunachal goes ahead with hydro project, despite Assam protests - Sep 16, 2011
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
- Himachal hydropower generation hit by extreme cold - Jan 22, 2012