Canada to issue 10-year visa from mid-JulyJune 16th, 2011 - 11:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 16 (IANS) The 10-year Canadian visa for Indians will be available from mid-July this year, a Canadian official said Thursday.
In an announcement made last week, the Canadian government announced the validity of multi-entry visas issued for Indians will be increased to 10 years, from the present period of five years.
“The 10-year visas will be available from mid-July,” Bruce Grundison, Deputy Immigration Programme Manager of the Canadian High Commission, said here Thursday.
“There are some technical changes which need to be made,” he said.
Announcing the new visa regime last week, Canadian International Trade Minister and Asia-Pacific Gateway Minister Edward Fast said the new visa regime will boost trade ties between the two countries, which seek to treble their trade to $15 billion by 2015.
Replying to a question, Canadian Deputy High Commissioner Jim Nickel said there was no problem in Indian students getting students visa for Canada.
“If a student has got admission in a Canadian university, the chances to get a visa are 100 percent,” Nickel said.
- Canada announces 10-year visas for Indians (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Russia-US simplified visa agreement comes into force - Sep 10, 2012
- Britain to open deputy high commission in Chandigarh - May 23, 2012
- Canada ready to ratify nuclear treaty with India - Jun 16, 2011
- Tsunami fears stress need for greater ties with ASEAN: India - Apr 12, 2012
- India, Pakistan ink visa pact (Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- NRI woes on surrendering Indian passports (NRI Watch) - Aug 07, 2011
- India, Pakistan top diplomats to meet June 29, visa accord soon (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- India, Czech Republic target $2 bn trade in 2012 - Oct 10, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani elders to get visas on arrival (Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Need concrete measures from Pakistan on trade: Anand Sharma - Feb 12, 2012
- Canada to drop penny from circulation - Jul 31, 2012
- India, Pakistan ink visa pact to ease travel, trade (Second Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- New interview-less US visa process for some categories - Jun 29, 2012
- IT sector to log 11-14 percent growth - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: 10 years, admission, asia pacific, canadian government, canadian high commission, canadian visa, high commissioner, immigration programme, indian students, indians, international trade, jim nickel, New Delhi, pacific gateway, technical changes, trade minister, trade ties, treble, validity, visa regime