Canada starts immigration in new categorySeptember 6th, 2008 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
Toronto, Sep 6 (IANS) Canada has Friday announced that certain temporary foreign workers and foreign students can apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class for immigration.Making this announcement, Immigration and Citizenship Minister Diane Finley said Friday applicants can start sending their papers from Sep 17.
“With the Canadian Experience Class fully in place, Canada will be more competitive in attracting and retaining individuals with the skills we need,” she said.
“It, along with other recent improvements to modernise the immigration system, will go a long way in bringing Canada in line with its global competitors while further spreading the benefits of immigration into smaller centres across Canada,” the minister said.
The Canadian Experience Class is a new category of immigration for certain temporary foreign workers and foreign student graduates with professional, managerial and skilled work experience gained in Canada.
Unlike other programmes, this category allows an applicant’s experience in Canada to be considered a key selection factor when applying for immigration to Canada.
Applicants should have temporary resident status and be present in Canada to be eligible to apply under this category.
- Canada to ban sex trade from hiring foreign workers - Jul 05, 2012
- India, China top as Canada admits record immigrants in 2010 - Feb 14, 2011
- Foreign students in Canada can now apply for immigration - Aug 13, 2008
- US changing visa rules to attract the highly-skilled - Feb 04, 2012
- Ottawa to ease immigration rules for workers, students - Aug 13, 2008
- Canada plans to attract more skilled immigrants in 2012 - Nov 04, 2011
- Canada busts single biggest immigration racket - Jan 07, 2011
- Australia to end IELTS monopoly for student visas - Oct 17, 2011
- Canada issues first `super visa' - Dec 20, 2011
- Canada fast-tracks recognition of immigrant degrees - Dec 01, 2009
- Oz body calls for student visa regime reform - Mar 14, 2011
- Australia, Canada change immigration rules - Jun 28, 2010
- Canada to allow skilled immigrants without degrees - Feb 25, 2011
- Canada wants more talented Indians: Minister - Sep 09, 2010
- Pensioner living in UK for 64 years branded 'illegal immigrant' - Nov 20, 2010