Call centre executive shot in PunjabMarch 13th, 2009 - 12:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), March 13 (IANS) An executive of a telecom company’s call centre was shot in the head here and is struggling for life in a hospital, police said Friday.
Sameer Watts, 34, was found sitting in the driver’s seat of his car in a pool of blood by his brother-in-law Sandeep Thursday night, in Phase 8 of this town adjoining Chandigarh. He had been shot in the head from a close range.
“Sameer had got several calls from someone in the last few days. The person, who we haven’t been able to identify yet, was insistent that Sameer meet him. We are trying to trace the origin of the calls,” Senior Superintendent of Police Jatinder Singh Aulakh told IANS.
“Before going to meet that person, Sameer also called his brother-in-law to the meeting place. On reaching the spot, Sandeep found him in a pool of blood. There are no eyewitnesses and we are waiting for Sameer’s condition to improve to record his statement,” said Aulakh.
Sameer was operated upon and doctors stated that his condition was critical.
- Ex-RJD MP's relative among two killed in Patna - Jul 10, 2012
- Man holds wife, in-laws hostage for not paying dowry - May 07, 2012
- 16-year-old charged in Wisconsin murder of elderly Sikh - Aug 18, 2012
- One killed, 3 hurt in shooting at US gurudwara (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Man accidentally shoots wife dead - Jan 27, 2011
- 7 killed in shooting at US gurudwara (Third Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Dara Singh's brother-in-law to replace him in movie? - Jul 21, 2012
- Three held for killing youth - Jan 24, 2011
- Refused money for liquor, man kills wife - Feb 17, 2011
- Delhi cop on shooting spree kills two, self (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Irked at illicit relationship, sons shoot mother-paramour dead - Jun 15, 2012
- Former defence ministry official commits suicide - Mar 04, 2011
- British cops meet slain Indian student's kin - Jan 02, 2012
- Youth shot dead near new house - May 31, 2011
- One killed, another injured in east Delhi accident - Mar 12, 2012