Call centre employee killed over mobile phone in PunjabSeptember 28th, 2008 - 1:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), Sep 28 (IANS) A call centre was stabbed to death by three youths, who had borrowed his mobile phone to make a few calls but refused to return it, in this Punjab town, the police said Sunday.Davinder Sahota, 20, hailing from Una town in Himachal Pradesh, was stabbed to death by unidentified youths late Saturday.
“Davinder was going to his office in phase 8 along with his friend Sandeep when three motor cycle borne youths stopped them. They asked for the mobile of the victim and after making 2-3 phone calls, they refused to return the mobile,” said the police official.
“When Davinder tried to take back his mobile, one of the accused repeatedly stabbed him on his chest with some sharp edged weapon.
“He was taken to the civil hospital in phase 6 where he succumbed to his injuries,” the official added.
Sandeep said: “We had dinner at a restaurant and were going to our office when the three boys stopped us. I do not know them as I had seen those boys for the first time.”
- Guard murdered for not opening gate promptly - Jul 02, 2011
- Security guard foils robbery attempt, stabbed to death - Jun 02, 2010
- Ensure Punjabi youths' safety in Australia, PM urged - Jan 04, 2010
- Indian American student among wounded in US shooting (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Teen kills aunt, two others to avenge grudge - Apr 23, 2012
- Son kills mother, parents stabbed in rage - Mar 13, 2011
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Four caught for killing Delhi cop - Sep 11, 2012
- Five rescued from swollen Himachal river - Jul 15, 2011
- Tension in Chandigarh after kidnapped boy found dead (Second lead) - Jan 06, 2011
- Capital rage again - man killed after dispute in shop - Jan 12, 2011
- Australian teen gets 13-year jail for killing Indian student - Dec 22, 2011
- Blood money paid, 3 Punjabi youths return home from Dubai - May 31, 2011
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- IIT-aspirant arrested for Delhi teacher's killing - Dec 21, 2010