Caged bear mauls girl in RussiaAugust 27th, 2012 - 7:51 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 27 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A caged bear mauled a teenage girl at a recreation facility near Moscow, police said.
The bear attacked the 14-year-old girl when she tried to feed the animal.
The girl’s condition was unknown.
This was the second attack by a bear in a private zoo in Russia this month. On Aug 10, a 12-year-old girl was mauled by a bear at a zoo in the far eastern Amur region, when she tried to give the animal a drink from a bottle.
- Child attacked by tiger in Russian zoo - Jan 04, 2012
- Polar bear shot dead after it killed man - Aug 21, 2011
- Ukrainian man to spend 35 days in cage with lion - Aug 04, 2011
- Chinese woman held for smuggling deer genitals - Aug 13, 2012
- Russian teenager attempts 'bank robbery' for suicide - Sep 07, 2012
- Policeman kidnapped in Russia - Aug 24, 2012
- Poke sharks in eyes if attacked: Russian officials - Aug 19, 2011
- Elk rescued from Russian power plant - Sep 21, 2012
- WWF Russia seeks foster parents for 500 polar bears - Nov 15, 2011
- Futnik the pig predicts wins for Poland, Russia - Jun 09, 2012
- Woman set ablaze in Moscow - Apr 06, 2011
- Russian interior ministry orders new drones - Apr 05, 2012
- Four teens held for rape, murder of minor girl - Apr 14, 2012
- Kazakh beer thief returns unfinished bottles - Aug 21, 2012
- Bear shot dead after it enters Russian school - Jan 09, 2011