CAG appointed external auditor for two UN agenciesSeptember 30th, 2011 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 30 (IANS) The Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) has been appointed the external auditor of two major United Nations agencies - the International Atomic Energy Agency and the World Intellectual Property Organisation - an official statement said Friday.
Both these organisations have traditionally been the stronghold of the developed world and it is for the first time that they have appointed auditors from outside Europe.
These appointments were made in the face of competition from other developed countries like Britain, Spain and Norway.
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is based in Vienna and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is headquartered in Geneva.
“These appointments for organisations such as IAEA and WIPO, which are specialised agencies, is a recognition of the professional capabilities of the CAG`s auditing talent pool,” the finance ministry said in a statement.
The CAG of India is on the panel of external auditors of the United Nations and its agencies.
- CAG of India to head UN panel of external auditors - Dec 08, 2011
- Indian, US audit bodies to share expertise - Feb 27, 2012
- CAG to train foreigners - Sep 11, 2010
- Iran should clarify outstanding nuclear issues : IAEA - Nov 18, 2011
- Seminar on prevention of bio-piracy begins Tuesday - Mar 21, 2011
- IAEA officials to meet Iranian delegation Friday - Aug 22, 2012
- Syed Akbaruddin is new spokesperson of India's Foreign Office (Lead) - Dec 07, 2011
- Iran criticises IAEA for leaking its scientists' identity - Nov 19, 2011
- CAG Rai, Joshi deny 2G audit was influenced (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Indian innovator harnesses sea waves for power - Jan 10, 2012
- UAE, IAEA working on safe nuclear energy programme - Dec 03, 2010
- UN chief calls for diplomatic solution to Iranian n-issue - Sep 01, 2012
- International conference on utilization of TKDL kicks off tomorrow - Mar 21, 2011
- All rural development schemes to be audited: Ramesh - Dec 13, 2011
- Iran, IAEA to hold talks in May - Apr 28, 2012
Tags: atomic energy agency, cag of india, comptroller and auditor general, comptroller and auditor general of india, external auditor, external auditors, finance ministry, intellectual property organization, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, international atomic energy agency iaea, other developed countries, professional capabilities, specialised agencies, stronghold, talent pool, wipo, world intellectual property, world intellectual property organisation, world intellectual property organization