Café Leopold reopens, looks forward to business as usualNovember 30th, 2008 - 5:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 30 (IANS) Cheering the spirit of Mumbai, Café Leopold in south Mumbai that was attacked by terrorists Wednesday night reopened Sunday.“I have to open the place. For how long can I keep it closed? I have to leave behind the past and I know people will come back soon,” Leopold owner Farhang Farzad Jehani told a news channel.
Appreciating the spirit of people of Mumbai, he said: “Mumbaikars jump back to normalcy after every tragedy and we witnessed it several times in the past. We will go ahead.”
The café, established in 1871 and for long one of the favourite hangouts of foreigners and youngsters, was among the 10 places the terrorists attacked.
At least 10 people were shot dead at the trendy café, including two waiters, in the indiscriminate firing and grenade blast by the terrorists.
- Mumbai's Leopold cafe buzzing with life, scars remain - Nov 26, 2009
- Tourists back at Mumbai's Leopold Café reading 'Shantaram' - Dec 11, 2008
- A quiet dinner, poolside drinks spelt unending nightmare for scores - Nov 27, 2008
- Sipping coffee, at Leopold Cafe unafraid and undeterred (One Year After 26/11) - Nov 19, 2009
- Terror fails to scare fans of Mumbai's beloved Leopold Café - Dec 08, 2008
- Voices against terror: India speaks out - Nov 26, 2009
- Surviving 26/11, but living with shrapnel (One year after 26/11) (With Image) - Nov 11, 2009
- Taj Hotel GM has no desire to enter room where his family perished - Nov 26, 2009
- Victims recall the horror of dreadful Mumbai terror attack - Nov 14, 2009
- Ex-ISI officials may be behind 2008 Mumbai attacks: Pak Army - Apr 26, 2011
- Obama confirms Pakistan drone strikes - Jan 31, 2012
- PM vows to bring to justice 26/11 perpetrators - Nov 26, 2010
- Pak judge hearing 26/11, Benazir murder case complains against his security withdrawal - Mar 27, 2011
- Pak court adjourns 26/11 Mumbai attacks case hearing until April 23 - Apr 17, 2011
- German Bakery blast: Punekars to pay quiet homage - Feb 13, 2012