Cache of arms seized from Madhya Pradesh legislator’s houseDecember 3rd, 2008 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Dec 3 (IANS) A large cache of arms, including eight rifles, several cartridges and other explosive material, were Wednesday seized from Congress legislator Brijendra Singh Rathore’s house in Madhya Pradesh’s Tikamgarh district, the police said.”The raid was carried out in the wake of BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) legislator Sunil Nayak’s murder on Nov 27 after the polling for the state assembly was over,” said Inspector General (Sagar Zone) K.N. Tiwari.
“We recovered .315 bore and .275 bore rifles, more than 50 cartridges and explosives during the raid at his house in Prithvipur in Tikamgarh,” he added.
“A raid was also carried out at the house of Brijendra’s brother, Yashpal Rathore, who is also an accused in Nayak’s murder,” Tiwari said.
Three countrymade guns, a few cartridges, four gelatin sticks and four detonators were recovered from Yashpal’s house, he said.
Meanwhile, curfew continued in Prithvipur for the seventh day Wednesday.
“Curfew imposed after Sunil Nayak’s murder continued for the seventh day with some relaxation in between,” said Tikamgarh District Collector K.P. Rahi.
- BJP candidate shot dead after Madhya Pradesh polling - Nov 27, 2008
- Madhya Pradesh town tense after killing of BJP leader - Nov 28, 2008
- Bihar Police unearth arms, ammunition ahead of assembly polls - Oct 07, 2010
- Explosives seized in Bihar's Munger District - Aug 29, 2010
- Four held for running illegal firearms racket - Mar 18, 2011
- Illegal arms factory unearthed, three held - Dec 14, 2010
- Explosives seized in Madhya Pradesh, no terror link - Oct 16, 2011
- Huge explosives haul made in Jharkhand - Feb 02, 2012
- 53,000 arrests made in Bengal ahead of polls - Apr 08, 2011
- Arms, explosives seized from Pune businessman - Sep 18, 2011
- Fake Maoist organisation busted in Jharkhand - Jun 17, 2010
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir - Jul 14, 2012
- Explosives seized from Maoist hideout - Jan 25, 2011
- Haryana murder accused held in Delhi - Oct 05, 2011
- On-duty cop commits suicide at Howrah station - Nov 12, 2011