Cable TV owners protest pressure by Karunanidhi’s sonAugust 29th, 2008 - 7:01 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 29 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Cable-TV Owners’ Association Friday demanded investigations by an impartial fact-finding team to expose the pressure exerted on its members in the southern part of the state to air specific programmes by M.K. Azhagiri, son of Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi.”Our complaints to the authorities, including the commissioner of police, proved futile. Worse, they are asking us to surrender to the whims and fancies of Azhagiri. We are asked to show unpopular programmes and subscribe to his Royal Cable Vision (RCV), whose worthless fare will result in huge losses,” T.V. Ramesh, the president of Tamil Nadu Cable-TV Owners’ Association, told reporters here.
The association also publicly appealed to Karunanidhi to intervene and prevail upon Azhagiri to halt these pressure tactics.
The members of the association will meet leaders of all political parties in Tamil Nadu to highlight their plight, he added.
RCV, a cable TV network owned by Azhagiri, began its service in Madurai three months ago.
- Set-back for Azhagiri in Karunanidhi family cable war - Jun 19, 2008
- Cable war between Karunanidhi's son and nephews hots up - Jun 14, 2008
- Karunanidhi's son Azhagiri wins from Madurai - May 16, 2009
- Tamil Nadu to tax DTH firms, IPL matches - Sep 14, 2011
- Sun TV battles after DMK enforced blackout - Jun 12, 2008
- Karunanidhi attacks poll panel - Mar 26, 2011
- Only Karunanidhi can be chief minister, says Alagiri - Apr 06, 2011
- Charge sheet entire Karunanidhi family, says Jayalalithaa - Apr 25, 2011
- Don't play with people's lives over dam: Stalin to Kerala - Dec 12, 2011
- Polls will give freedom to Tamil Nadu people: Jayalalithaa - Apr 06, 2011
- India to send back Sri Lanka Air Force personnel - Jul 06, 2012
- Iran accuses US of pressuring IAEA - Nov 06, 2011
- Arasu Cable TV revived to break 'one family's monopoly': Jayalalithaa - Sep 02, 2011
- DMK's muscle-flexing with Congress a drama: Jayalalithaa - Mar 10, 2011
- War of words as Tamil Nadu sees brisk voting (Third Lead) - Apr 13, 2011