Cabinet hikes rice purchase price to Rs.1,280 per quintalJune 14th, 2012 - 3:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 14 (IANS) The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) Thursday hiked paddy’s minimum support price (MSP) for the 2012-13 kharif crop by Rs 170 per quintal, with a bonus of Rs.100 per quintal, taking it to Rs.1,280 per quintal for Grade A rice.
The MSP for the common variety has been fixed at Rs.1,250 per quintal, a statement issued after a CCEA meeting presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said.
The MSP of hybrid jowar and ragi has been raised to Rs.1,500 per quintal, an increase of Rs.520 and Rs.450 per quintal.
The MSP of maldandi jowar has been raised by Rs.520 per quintal to Rs.1,520 per quintal.
The MSP of bajra and maize has been raised by Rs.195 per quintal to Rs.1,175 per quintal.
The MSP of urad dal has been raised from Rs.3,300 per quintal to Rs.4,300 per quintal.
- Haryana seeks Rs.1,800 MSP for paddy - Feb 17, 2012
- Akali Dal rejects hike in paddy, cotton MSP - Jun 01, 2012
- MSP hiked to boost food production - Oct 25, 2011
- Government to plan rabi crop strategy - Sep 13, 2011
- Cabinet decides to raise minimum support price for Rabi crop - Oct 20, 2010
- Purchase price for pulses hiked - Aug 03, 2012
- Centre's bonus on wheat unjustified: Badal - Apr 16, 2011
- Minimum support prices for pulses, wheat raised - Oct 20, 2010
- Akali Dal slams insufficient paddy support price hike - Jun 10, 2011
- Jute growers to get subsidy over MSP in Bengal - Nov 04, 2011
- Badal rejects new minimum price for wheat - Oct 08, 2011
- Five farmers commit suicide in Vidarbha - Sep 02, 2011
- Haryana paddy procurement to begin Oct 1 - Sep 22, 2011
- Seven more Vidarbha farmers commit suicide in last 48 hours - Sep 08, 2011
- Hooda seeks Rs.200 bonus on paddy - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: bajra, bonus, cabinet committee, economic affairs, jowar, june 14, maize, manmohan, manmohan singh, minimum support price, msp, New Delhi, paddy, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, ragi, rs 1